Do app notifications not appear in notification center?

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
On iOS and Android, say if someone sent you a message on facebook it would appear in notification center, Or perhaps a breaking news push notification in appeared in notification centre, Last night I had several message on facebook and 1 on instagram, nothing appeared in notification center, all that seems to appear is emails, missed calls etc, anything that would appear on the lock screen, so it all seems rather pointless to me.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
On iOS and Android, say if someone sent you a message on facebook it would appear in notification center, Or perhaps a breaking news push notification in appeared in notification centre, Last night I had several message on facebook and 1 on instagram, nothing appeared in notification center, all that seems to appear is emails, missed calls etc, anything that would appear on the lock screen, so it all seems rather pointless to me.
it does appear, well whatsapp and twitter does for me, go to the notification and action centre settings

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know how you manage that because for me in notification center settings there are no options for individual apps such as facebook etc , all I have is things like Phone, Messaging, Outlook, just stuff that shows up on the lock screen anyway so all in all to me a bit pointless, What really annoyed me about WP was missing toast notifications, I "thought" they would show up in notification center, no such luck.

Vildmand

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
6snap and Skype have added themselves in my notification center settings, but Facebook has not shown itself yet.
I thought it might be because I was running the beta version, but still no luck in the normal version. I have had several FB notifications without it showing up in the notification center settings.
I have not done a hard reset after upgrading to 8.1 though. Maybe it's time to test the new backup functionality :eek:rly:

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I get no notifications from Facebook other than on the live tile. When I go to the notification centre setting, only my email, sms and phone are there.

Can anybody confirm they have merged facebook with the notification centre? If so, are you using the official FB app, the beta version, or Messenger?

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Official FB app shows notifications not the beta version

When you go into the people tile does it ask you to 'get the new app' ?? after install it should then ask you to login to the FB app and configure notifications

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Its certainly not working here as I have had several messages this morning and all that appeared to work was the live tile, I also had a couple of @replies on Twitter today and same story, The official client did damn all, no toast, no live tile, Mehdoh did the live tile but neither did anything in notification center.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Official FB app shows notifications not the beta version

When you go into the people tile does it ask you to 'get the new app' ?? after install it should then ask you to login to the FB app and configure notifications

I noticed that Yesterday and downloaded the new app, again just live tile is working.

Vildmand

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yup the hard reset did it, got FB notifications in notification center now :smile:

1. Uninstalled FB.
2. Hard reset phone and restored from backup.
3. Installed official FB app.

Didn't try FB beta app.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No perhaps try to enable those apps in background I tthink they show notification like whatsapp. If u do not run those apps in background they are not showing any notifications

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
This is all very interesting because I'm getting similar and different results. Such as FB and FB Messenger shows up in my Action Center list of apps and I get tile, toast and Action Center notifications. As for other apps like Instagram Beta, 6Snap and others I get nothing. Maybe it has something to do with the in app settings, that it allows toast notifications for it to show up for the Action Center since that is all it really is.

Rein

May 16, 2013
Visit site
FB Beta shows up perfectly fine in my notifications, but it doesn't follow the notification settings set within the app. I end up getting notifications for everything. :(

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Only app so far not showing in notification center is Foursquare.

But this app sucks anyway all together so no surprise here! :(

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yup the hard reset did it, got FB notifications in notification center now :smile:

1. Uninstalled FB.
2. Hard reset phone and restored from backup.
3. Installed official FB app.

Didn't try FB beta app.

Working for me now. Did the same thing but installed Facebook Beta and it works great now.

cannon#WP

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I get Facebook and MLB At Bat notifications. I haven't gotten a CNN breaking news alert to see if that shows up yet, but I'm guessing as long as you've got banner notifications enabled in your apps, they'll show up there.

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting facebook noticifications in the action center, but they're not clearing off the fb live tile after I clear them from the action center. All my other live tiles clear properly. Just not facebook? Anyone else seeing this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos