Cal/CardDav (Owncloud) in WP 8.1

TSStefan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The old hack to use a fake Google Account to use other CalDav/CardDav servers doesn't seem to work anymore in 8.1.
Does anybody found out how to use e.g. OwnCloud with WP 8.1?

phu77

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your note. Everything works fine. Yesterday after the update I was totally frustrated to have no possibility to syncing to Caldav and Carddav. Now with your note my day is saved! :smile:

best regards,
Peter

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
:excited:.. finally found it. One can use an iCloud Account for syncing caldav and carddav.

I tried this to sync my Yahoo! Calendar, and couldn't get it to work. Could you explain what you did?

I've created a new iCloud account, renamed it to Yahoo, turned off syncing Contacts, and changed the CalDav server to caldav.calendar.yahoo.com. What is interesting is that the WP Calendar app settings shows the Yahoo account, and also shows the named Calendar I have defined under that account. And I can create new calendar entries that are saved to that account, but once the sync action finishes, they vanish from the WP app, however they are posted correctly to Yahoo, you can see it in the web calendar interface, even syncs to my iPhone.

The whole need to use the iCloud option is stupid in the first place, why there isn't an option to set up a CalDav account under Advanced Setup makes no sense.

Last edited:

TSStefan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
It's still working for me with Owncloud, though it doesn't always show every event. I think Microsoft didn't implement the complete ical specification. Maybe Yahoo converts the events into a format, WP doesn't understand. I had this problem with the birthday calendar of Owncloud, but it got solved in 8.1. Seems they are working on this (slowly)

rozuppig

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
It's working fine for me so far! I do sync calendar and contacts with ownCloud running on a Synology NAS.
I just have one issue: The sync period is just about -1/+6 months. So only these events which are withing this sync period are shown on the mobile. If I add a new event (which is outside the sync period) on the mobile, surprisingly it's syncing this event with owncloud but then it disappears from the mobile. So at the end the event is on owncould but not on the mobile because its not withing the syncperiod. Does someone have an idea how to fix this or how to manually change the sync period? Your help would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

pcwilliams

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, did anybody ever figure out a solution to this problem? I have the same problem on WP10 with Yahoo's calendar. I've added the 2nd yahoo account for calendar and contacts sync via the iCloud option...contacts sync, but if i add a calendar event on my wp10 device, the event disappears but yet it shows up in my yahoo calendar when looking at it via the website. i guess it may be time to put yahoo down.

Thanx.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven