Facebook not Syncing after WP8.1 Update

hethler

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
"Connect to phone" for facebook seemed to work,

Yeah, checked the app already and it was already setup that way, restarted FB and the phone several times, also cleared some cache/temp files. It won't contunue to sync, it will only show "synching now" for few seconds then it will stop.

"but it is showing the wrong profile picture on the "Me" tile.

Maybe because it automatically looked up for your "Live" profile pic?

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, checked the app already and it was already setup that way, restarted FB and the phone several times, also cleared some cache/temp files. It won't contunue to sync, it will only show "synching now" for few seconds then it will stop.

Maybe because it automatically looked up for your "Live" profile pic?

Yes I am thinking this might be the case, how do I make it use my facebook pic? You have the option for your contacts which profile to use but I can't find that option for my own self. In 8.0 it automatically chose your FB pic after you synced your FB account. Maybe another MS oversight.

hethler

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am thinking this might be the case, how do I make it use my facebook pic? You have the option for your contacts which profile to use but I can't find that option for my own self. In 8.0 it automatically chose your FB pic after you synced your FB account. Maybe another MS oversight.

1. Tap your "Me Tile"
2. Tap the "current" photo on your "Me Tile"
3. It will then display your options for the profile (Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or upload a new one)

Please take note that your profile photo here will reflect on your Windows 8 Device (Surface, laptop, PC)

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
1. Tap your "Me Tile"
2. Tap the "current" photo on your "Me Tile"
3. It will then display your options for the profile (Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or upload a new one)

Please take note that your profile photo here will reflect on your Windows 8 Device (Surface, laptop, PC)

yes I found this while toying with it, thank you so much!

Nabil Rahman

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Contacts are not syncing. However I could sync some of the contacts by going inside the contacts individually as it automatically synced the details

Mayur Thakkar

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Sync error is caused if you have changed your region settings to US for enabling cortana but ur facebook network region is of other country...

Solution Dont allow the facebook app to access your location (Facebook App>>Settings>>Location>>OFF).....worked for me

e2blade

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Sync error is caused if you have changed your region settings to US for enabling cortana but ur facebook network region is of other country...

Solution Dont allow the facebook app to access your location (Facebook App>>Settings>>Location>>OFF).....worked for me

This kinda worked, now you have to tap every contact individually to sync them with FB. I regret doing this update 100%.... along with the purchase of this phone.

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys I think I figured this one out.

This was driving me up the wall. I received a Lumia 1520 warranty replacement for my 1520 that I already had, so I updated the replacement to the latest version of the developer preview and I was really ticked that facebook integration wasn't working anymore. So many of my contacts now didn't have pictures anymore it was driving me crazy. I've done multiple soft resets trying to troubleshoot it including today not restoring a backup and starting fresh and I started to see something. When I did the reset without restoring a backup and the only email account I had on there was my outlook.com account, I installed facebook right away. I enabled the option for it to integrate with my phone and it integrated properly. I proceeded to install some things, check, install some more, check again etc., and eventually I made it to the point of adding my nokia account. After adding the nokia account my FB contacts were no longer listed. Interestingly enough the facebook app was removed automatically as well.

Well I proceeded to uninstall the Nokia account and redownload the facebook app (please note this was all done using the regular app and not the beta version) and the facebook contacts were restored.

I'm in the process of restoring my phone all over again but this time selecting my backup from before and I'm going to try removing my nokia account before adding the facebook account and see if that works again.

I hope this helps people on this.

Jason

ROHIT SREENIVAS

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Bro go to peoples hub then go to settings, click filter contact list. make sure u have the checked in show contacts from facebook.
then go to add contacts click on facebook and click sync now. and it should work

vjchauhan

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
i have tried this long back bro but it dint work for me.an error pops up saying couldn't sync facebook at the moment try again later
i even tried it opening my facebook app and then syncing it but event that dint work

Elay001

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
thx bro this worked for me got all my contacts back. i checked the facebook and outlook box and disable the "hide contacts without phone numbers"

Krasimir Kralev

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Piece of advise .... After you turn off location services for facebook and WP 8.1 (in my case Lumia 925) both sync the facebook account by turning on and off live services and not just clicking "sync now" button (turning it on after off state will automatically trigger syncing services). In addition (it works for me with 4K+ FB contacts after 2 tries) - don't let your phone go to lock screen mode (turn lockscreen time out to the max and click on the screen from time to time so it doesn't go to sleep)

rajthampi

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, no options to sync the contacts with my live account. Looks like I must hard reset the phone and start from scratches. Not very happy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6