Windows Phone 8.1 dev preview running on the HTC 8S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin hfd

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, so yesterday we got the dev preview of wp 8.1.

I thought there was supposed to be a thread about this phone and update since it was really handicapped by the internal memory and first impressions on how does 8.1 run on your device. (If there is a thread like this please point me to it because I tried searching for similar titles, nothing came up)

First impressions:
After i updated I immediately checked the storage to see how much I have left, was REALLY suprised that the system files only take up 2.70 GB, that's just 100-200 MB more than 8.0 (GO MICROSOFT :D).
I also noticed that the games are now shown in the app list which is kind of annoying, but since i play only 2 games not a problem, but might be for some.
The backgrounds are a really nice touch if you can find a wallpaper that won't mess up the text.
The notification center is something incredible, much smoother than on android, customizable buttons and all (only the cell data button is missing) it's just great.
The new music app feels just the same, it doesn't look the same though, except for the annoying start up time with the green bg and headphones (it requires 2-3 sec on my 8s)
The new separate volume control is the KING. Works perfectly.
Love the Skype integration, love new battery stats , the new storage sense and of course INSTALL TO SD CARD (this feature brought new life to this phone).
The internal memory is NOT a problem anymore!
Haven't checked out Cortana sincerely don't intend to, for me it's a step away from useless.

Will play with it more, if I discover anything else will update...

-So please, enter your first impressions with the 8S and 8.1-

Greetings, sorry about possible grammar mistakes... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss