Has anyone installed WP 8.1 developer preview?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am installing WP8.1 developer preview in my Lumia 920. Has anyone tried it in their 920? Hope, being a developer preview, no one is facing any issue with their device?

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I did, my phone restarts installed but I can't see any changes. Did I miss anything.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I did, my phone restarts installed but I can't see any changes. Did I miss anything.

I am still installing it. It restarted and showing me those nuts and bolts rotating, the progress bar stays at the same position. Its been almost 20 minutes

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Depending on your carrier version they're two updates. The first is reasonably quick, and the second: The cogs spin for a while, and when it does restart the data migration takes a good while also. All normal. Bear with it, it's worth it!!! :)

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
OK I m done with upgrading. I was shocked to see, there is no notification or background live tiles.
When I went to setting>About, it still showed me 8.0.10532.166. That's not 8.1. What version is it showing in yours? I am again downloading it

GrizzlyStrong

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have installed it, everything went fine except 2 apps keep crashing, the game hub and the official Facebook app. I also installed it on the Lumia 820 and everything seems to be working fine.

Trying to find a solution to this issue with the 920 before I reinstall everything from scratch.

s_madhekar

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Basically there are two updates. After installation of 1st update , phone reboots and then again checks for update.
Second update is massive one which is 8.1 update. Be patient , it takes more than 1 hour to complete installation depending upon your Wi-Fi connectivity

GrizzlyStrong

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, depending on the phone and the carrier this could be lengthy (but Worth it) update, I did it at work and it took about an hour on my 920 (AT&T). Then went home and did it on my brothers 820 which took longer but he had more updates to install

GrizzlyStrong

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, depending on your carrier there are TWO updates. I was worried as well. Bear with it - so worth it!

Still waiting on a file manager though lol

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my 920 and did a reboot upon install and I haven't experienced any problems whatsoever. I think the key is to reboot the device after the 8.1 DP install.

Also, there are 2 updates...one to prepare the phone for 8.1 and the actual 8.1 update. The first update is relatively short, while the next one is long (around 30-45 mins depending on the amount of stuff on your phone.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Got it now and running okay.

Finally it worked with mine. I don't live in US. Therefore in order to install Cortana, I have to change the region to US. Now the question is after installing Cortana, if I revert the region, will it work?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
This is strange, despite changing region to US and language to English US. After restarting, I don't see any option of Cortana in application. In Windows Store. When I searched for Cortana, all I saw was some application named "I'm Cortana". How can I install Cortana?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This is strange, despite changing region to US and language to English US. After restarting, I don't see any option of Cortana in application. In Windows Store. When I searched for Cortana, all I saw was some application named "I'm Cortana". How can I install Cortana?

Can you take a snap shot of your Language settings?

To take a snap shot - Volume up and power button together.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Can you take a snap shot of your Language settings?

To take a snap shot - Volume up and power button together.
This is strange. Neither with Volume + and Power key nor with POwer and Windows Key, its taking screenshots. Even if it is taking screenshots, its not there in screenshot folder. Although in language settings it shows Indian English and US English, where it doesn't allow me to delete indian English from the list

Matt Webster

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well. I hate to be that one guy, but I set my 920 down after a call and it has turned off. It has yet to turn back on after an hour. We will see what happens.

It's on the charger right now and no glance, no low battery indicator or anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion