WP 8.1 Dev: Battery drains faster ??

tomcat239

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
So i updated my Lumia 820 last night. New features are quite great and Cortana is unexpectedly impressive.
But the problem is, i think, my phone battery is running out faster than himself in 8.0. Here is my conditions after I fully charged:
- have Wifi on, 3G on
- running Viber, Skype, LINE in background
- 3 email acc update every 15min
- Double-tap, Glance screen (Peek)
I left the phone alone for 3 hours, replied 2 messages, and the battery lost 17% back to 83%, while usually with 8.0 i only lost ~9-10%.

Anyone has same prob? Any solutions? My bat is only 1650mAh, quite weak, and if 8.1 runs like this I think I would have to charge my phone 3 4 times a day. :cry:

kobongkobong

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Definitely. The same with Lumia 720.
Four hours ago the phone was fully charged and now it shows 82% with all background tasks disabled.In wp8.0 it looked much better.

UserTJ

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Same Problem with my 925 , first i though it's because I can't stop playing with the phone but still it shouldn't drain so fast

tomcat239

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
damn :(
I think Nokia and MS should have a new project to make bigger bats for old-Lumia phones, you know, making the bats double capacity LOL

masterbarata

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Nope. WP 8.1 is a reason why you should buy the lumia

I have probably used the wrong expression! I have a Lumia 520 and I am very happy with it, besides being a bit slow (anyways it is the Lumia entry line, so I should expect too much), what I really dont like on the phone is how short the battery lasts. So I am wondering with the WP 8.1 the battery life worse at 520 or if the effect is only marginal. If the battery life is a way worse I wont update the phone for the 8.1.

tomcat239

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have probably used the wrong expression! I have a Lumia 520 and I am very happy with it, besides being a bit slow (anyways it is the Lumia entry line, so I should expect too much), what I really dont like on the phone is how short the battery lasts. So I am wondering with the WP 8.1 the battery life worse at 520 or if the effect is only marginal. If the battery life is a way worse I wont update the phone for the 8.1.

It happens to every phone i think. Stick with 8.1 for a while and let's wait if your phone can get along well with the OS :) hope MS can fix this

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
This was called preview software because it would have some errors. Microsoft didn't force this update on you. You chose to download it. More importantly check all the apps under battery saver, many apps have been enabled to run in background. Disable what you don't need, should be better off.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

anon(5329748)

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I would venture to guess that the increased use of GPS is to blame. About 5 minutes after I got home last night, the test "remind me when I get home to beat a cat," which should have been "feed the cats," popped up. So it has to check GPS occasionally, and with experience from some weather apps that used GPS to update the live tile and lock screen, it tends to be my worst battery drain.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Im with you guys, same problem here.

Yesterday I saw some forums about this problem, and I was recommended that let the battery runs out completely, and charge again completely, repeat some days ... I'm doing this right now.

tomcat239

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Im with you guys, same problem here.

Yesterday I saw some forums about this problem, and I was recommended that let the battery runs out completely, and charge again completely, repeat some days ... I'm doing this right now.

I dont know man... I dont feel confident with that way... Confusing... But seems like that's worth the shot
Please tell us the result ok?

Chird Oyer

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine's definitely draining faster on my HTC 8X (probably 10-20% faster). I suspect it's a combination of how hefty a process Cortana runs in the background, the amount of time she spends accessing GPS (as mentioned) and the OS may need to re-learn your usage after the update. I know when I first got my phone it burned the battery to less than 20% in under 8 hours. After it learned my usage and adapted itself I was getting about 36 hours on a charge relatively easily (not that I would go a night without charging it anyways). It may have just lost its marbles a little bit and needs to re-teach itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett