Downloading MP3s Through The Web Browser?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to do this yet? Ice tried but it only gives me the option to open and save. When I hit open, it plays the mp3 just fine but it says can't download this file when I try to download it. Anyone been able to download a mp3 successfully?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
i also would like to know this. I have music on onedrive, and would like to make it available offline (download it) on the phone.
on the topic, i tried downloading a movie (mkv) and ie11 told me you can find the downloaded file in "downloads" but i couldn't find the file. then in moliplayer, the file was there and I could play it.
Then in data sense, i saw there a section called downloads, and it said it was filled with 250MB (which was the size of the file I had dowloaded). so i could delete it.
So my guess is that this downloads is kinda like a transfer area, and apps can see in it? But we cannot directly access it? Is this new in 8.1 or was it like this in 8.0?
Sorry to hijack but i think it's related.

rhughes18

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I was able to download mp3s from a website but how can you listen to them in a different player (where do the files go)? The default player absolutely sucks - no scrubbing. Pain in the **** to FF through a long podcast to find your spot.

Also, how do you clean up the files when you're done? (I guess if I knew where they were, I could probably figure this part out.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium