Here Maps not working after updates wp8.1 in L920 any Idea?

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Then I don't know. Mine is working (unbranded, portuguese Lumia 920).

After updating to WP8.1 dev, none of those 3 apps I mentioned worked. All of them stated that were needing to be updated and redirected to the store. Store was not available at that moment (microsoft problem).

But when the store became online, all 3 were updated and started to work.

Per Kjellqvist

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Lumia 620, but it only started a few weeks ago (i.e. it did first work for a while after I installed WP8.1). I got the latest WP8.1 patch today (2 May 2014) and still have the same problem.

If I start "Bing Maps" the phone reboots.
If I go into settings / applications / maps, the screen goes blank a few seconds, and I am then thrown back to the applications menu.
If I run "Here Maps" the startup screen shows for a few seconds, and I am then thrown back to the program menu.

Am I really the only one with this problem?
Per

Orlando Grillo

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I am with the same problem (Lumia 720). It was working fine till today. But I'm not sure if this problem is due to the DP update 1 or because of the update that was also released for the maps. I installed the maps update yesterday and there was no problem before this. The bad thing is that we can't even try to uninstall downloaded maps...

Orlando Grillo

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I found a temporary solution, but it will only work for phones with SD cards.

I used to store my offline maps on the internal memory of my phone. I then used the app Lumia storage check BETA to change the default storage location for offline maps to the SD card. Then, voila, all map app were now working again. But it was necessary to download maps again as these apps are now trying tho read maps from the SD card. It needs to be the beta as the non-beta does not have the option to change this setting.

This solution is temporary because:
Problem 1: if I switch back the default location of offline maps storage, the apps will read the data stored on the phone, which is broken, and the problem will return.
Problem 2: after switching the storage location to the SD there will be no way of deleting maps stored on the internal memory of the phone (none that I know) unless this setting is turned back to default. If there is a way to delete these maps and download them again the problem will be solved...

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
To delete a map, go into the downloaded maps list, press on the map you want to delete until the context menu appears, then tap delete.

Orlando Grillo

May 28, 2014
Visit site
To delete a map, go into the downloaded maps list, press on the map you want to delete until the context menu appears, then tap delete.

It will only work with maps that are stored in the place that is specified as offline storage location. For example, if I set the SD card as the storage location, the list of maps will not contain any map stored on the internal memory of the phone. And, because of this bug in the maps, if we set the internal memory as storage location, the list can't be opened as the phone crashes and restarts. That's why I had to change the location. And thats why I said there is no way to delete these data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills