Windows Phone 8.1 is little bit slow.

Nick Derrico

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Try turning off WiFi. Was mentioned in another thread, is also working for me.

I've noticed WP8.1 very temperamental about security settings on Wifi networks. I was having the laggy lock button issue, but only at home, not on my work's WiFi network and not when WiFi was off. I was just spit balling trying to troubleshoot the issue when I discovered changing my security from WPA2 to WPA seems to have, for now, solved the issue. Also, turning off Wifi Sense has been reported to help in some scenarios.

Hopefully this bug gets squashed, or if anything, it could be firmware related and could fix itself on the official release.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
if you are getting lag issues have you reset your phone?(settings-about-reset phone), this is a must after updating to 8.1, my volume bar wasn't showing, my home button worked 3 secs later, my camera wasn't working all the time an i had major lag issues but since i reset my phone is running faster than before and none of the issues are happening. so i would advice, backup your things with the 8.1 new backup system then reset your phone.

anon(5340153)

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
This so much.
I wwish people would realize that unless you are using the official version from Nokia and carriers, that we don't know for sure if this is the expected performance. Nokia has yet to release anything so there is a good chance that this may not be the final version of the software.

This makes sense. Even though the OS may be RTM, we are still missing the manufacturer's firmware updates. The current firmware may not be optimized for WP8.1.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed a difference in speed too. It seems that the slowest app are Microsoft's core apps ie. music, IE. When I run other apps they seem to be fine.

Last edited:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the OS is using the drivers a little differently than before, so thanks for noticing, hopefully a fix will be released quickly, or it's a firmware update that'll be needed.

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Buggs on my 820 so far...

Lockscreen button respnse problem, games are now too laggy, some times requires to run them twice as on first attempt it stucks.. Touchscreen respnse problem.. Apps on SD card sometimes load after long time of unlocking the screen. Keyboard is not as much accurate as on wp 8 was .. Transitions are not at all smooth anymore. Etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa