First true WP 8.1 bug!

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello, guys.
I know there are threads for bugs in wp 8.1, but I thought this should get its own thread. I updated my phone yesterday and had it hard reset, then toyed with it for the day. And now, this happened twice in like an hour, when I tried to enter the address in internet explorer 11, the phone crashes and reboots! I think most of you have already noticed that this internet explorer version is quiet laggy, specially the tabs part. Version 10 was a lot faster! I hope I'm not alone on this, and I hope Microsoft will figure this out.

Thanks.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
The tab interactions do seem laggier than before.

However I have been using IE since yesterday with no reboot issues when entering a URL.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm thought I would give it a try (I normally use UC) but I typed in addresses, went to it, no problems, tried several more and still no problems. No lag or anything. I didn't reset my phone, because I really didn't want to spend hours setting it up. But I have had no problems at all... (knock on wood)

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I know it doesn't happen always. But it happened twice. And I just found another bug in IE11. I don't think I'm alone on this. Someone will come and support me! :) But I think we can all agree that WP 8.1 isn't as smooth as we though it would be. Btw I'm using a Lumia 920.

-edit-
Just happened again and apparently it's in the app itself not the URL part, this time I was switching across tabs. And oh yea the guy below me reminded me of the battery drain. Thanks.

Last edited:

elyl

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As well as the battery drain, I've had IE11 just close without any warning a couple of times. Not had it reboot my phone though.

CardozoRT

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I've got another one. Can't open web sites in desktop mode, even with that option enabled. It simply open the mobile version...

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Closing IE lags. When I close IE 11, the start screen animation lags (after which, start screen behaves without any lag). Also yeah, choosing tabs is laggy.

Closing many other applications lag too.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
This is the initial version of WP8.1 . Until this baby will be released to the general public expect one to four more minor updates to fix bugs. Expect maybe one two updates even after general release.

Relax people. 8.1 will be faster than WP8, there is not doubt of this.

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Another bug is that Glance didn't work properly after the update. At night I had it set to display just the time (no background image) between 10pm and 7am, but that didn't happen last night, it just went blank. Trying to open the Glance app resulted in an error. Uninstalled it, and now can't re-install it, but the bizarre thing is, the glance background is still there, but I have no way of accessing the app to change any settings, and clearly I can't remove it either as it's no longer in the list of apps. At 10pm I expect the glance background will turn of again and the clock won't appear...

rubjurgens

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I've found a funny one: when in IE, hold the windows button for a few seconds, then swipe up from there and then the keyboard appears. You can?t see what you write and you can only close the keyboard hitting the back button.

Maybe a strange feature xD?

PS: Lumia 920, Germany

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I've found a funny one: when in IE, hold the windows button for a few seconds, then swipe up from there and then the keyboard appears. You can?t see what you write and you can only close the keyboard hitting the back button.

Maybe a strange feature xD?

PS: Lumia 920, Germany

I confirm this one! Funny as ****! xD

Stilu

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Ativ, and I also have some problems with the wp 8.1. First I can't open youtube, and I can not read the newspaper from IE 11. Have to use an app. And it drain battery.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Another bug is that Glance didn't work properly after the update. At night I had it set to display just the time (no background image) between 10pm and 7am, but that didn't happen last night, it just went blank. Trying to open the Glance app resulted in an error. Uninstalled it, and now can't re-install it, but the bizarre thing is, the glance background is still there, but I have no way of accessing the app to change any settings, and clearly I can't remove it either as it's no longer in the list of apps. At 10pm I expect the glance background will turn of again and the clock won't appear...

Glance is a firmware thing, not an OS thing, you need to wait to a new firmware for glance compatibility.

Sent from my RM-820_lta_lta1_272 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720