Restore to WP8 with Nokia Software Recovery Tool?

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
As with any dev preview there are a few bugs in 8.1. I'm just wondering if the Nokia Software Recovery Tool would bring your phone back to WP8? Seems like it would since its reloading the factory ROM. Anyway, wanted to put it out there as an option for anyone that is running into some bug they don't want to deal with...like the power drain issue. The only part I wonder about is if a WP8.1 backup can be restored to a WP8 device. Flashing the ROM will completely wipe the device of all data, so use with caution.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes it should as WP8.1 is not an official release so it will wipe your phone clean and install the latest firmware and OS.

If you wanted to you could try WP8.1 again once you did this as there may have been existing issues on your phone to begin with.

Jajador

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I have downgraded the WP8.1 to WP8 because a roaming issue. It is easy to downgrade the firmware by using the Nokia Care Suite applications. First download your firmware using Data Package Manager entering your product type and code, and then flash it with Product Support for Store -> Offline mode -> Open product -> select your nokia -> programming -> recovery -> update automatically -> start and follow the instruction to connect your phone to your PC.

By the way, I have not been able to restore my previous backup on my downgraded WP8... I do not really know if it was a problem relative to the Store connection issues or something else.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Can I replace the At&T ROM on a 520 with the original ROM? I will move to Europe, and I will probably not get any updates with the AT&T ROM (same happened to my HTC 8X).

I tried Nokia Recovery Tool, but it still has the AT&T ROM.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Can I replace the At&T ROM on a 520 with the original ROM? I will move to Europe, and I will probably not get any updates with the AT&T ROM (same happened to my HTC 8X).

I tried Nokia Recovery Tool, but it still has the AT&T ROM.
Nokia Recovery tool will give you only the latest that you're "supposed" to have. So if your phone is an AT&T one, you'll keep getting AT&T ROMs. You need to use Nokia Care Suite and flash a generic ROM.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Recovery tool will give you only the latest that you're "supposed" to have. So if your phone is an AT&T one, you'll keep getting AT&T ROMs. You need to use Nokia Care Suite and flash a generic ROM.

Flashed a stock Australian ROM on it, and the AT&T logo is also gone now, works like a charm, thanks for the tip!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb