My resume to 80188309 error

medanasbo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am one of many and yes many of HUAWEI Ascend W1 users, even DEVELOPERS, that wanted to upgrade to HUAWEI Ascend W1
I've been trying for many times until few minutes ago the 5th try and yet failed
The problem is getting the error 80188309 on 96% in the step saying "Preparing to install", the error says it's downloaded but couldn't be opened !

In this thead, I'll be resuming all the details about the issue,
I've posted yesterday a thread about it with over +2500 visits [until now] and +40 replies, same for another post and not only in WPCentral but also
We've been attacking Microsoft website

Eli, a Microsoft employee in Windows Phone community asked us to provide some details including Model, OS version, firmware version, operator and country !
for more details you can check this link

As many of people tried to get a solution by Googling or binging it, we are all sure that the issue is related to HUAWEI as it won't roll out the update to both W1 and W2
Microsoft technical support is trying to help, at first they said it requires additional space but even phones with 8GB of memory and 4.5 FREE wasn't able to install it so it's not a memory issue even the update is (average) 300 MB

Some member called Taixx commented this link on my other post about the issue
it shows up a W1 running the WP 8.1 !

so guys, any one succeeded in running 8.1 in his HUAWEI yet ?
Seems HUAWEI gonna "HURT" us and maybe some of you will trade his W1 for only 3 eggs :eck: ...

Seriously we've to attack and fix this issue, let's do more attacks in Microsoft Windows Phone forums, keep contacting Microsoft's technical support and doing some attacks in social networks including Twitter and Facebook

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre