None of the mail clients are working!

suharsh

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Updated my 810 last night. I have restarted the phone.

None of the email clients - Windows, Yahoo, Gmail and a few others open! When I click on it nothing happens. I tried going through the App list or even the notification center but same. Any one else facing this issue or thoughts on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Updated my 810 last night. I have restarted the phone.

None of the email clients - Windows, Yahoo, Gmail and a few others open! When I click on it nothing happens. I tried going through the App list or even the notification center but same. Any one else facing this issue or thoughts on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Have you done a hard reset?

suharsh

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you done a hard reset?

No I haven't and am willing to do if that is what is needed to fix this issue. Is Hard reset needed? Question on hard reset - does it go back to the OS that the phone came with or the last OS installed (which is 8.1)? Also is there a way to back up the apps and data for a hard reset?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No I haven't and am willing to do if that is what is needed to fix this issue. Is Hard reset needed? Question on hard reset - does it go back to the OS that the phone came with or the last OS installed (which is 8.1)? Also is there a way to back up the apps and data for a hard reset?

I can't guarantee it will, but there is a good chance.

It will be a fresh install of 8.1.

Go to Settings -> backup. That will show you what you can backup from your phone.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Most of my email accounts require me to re-enter the login information (Hotmail, Gmail) in accounts settings. Other than that, I have no problem with emails.

suharsh

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Resetting the phone worked for the mail. However text / messaging stopped working!. Also some Apps have an 'i' - I guess that is waiting for download on wi-fi and as I am at work ... will have to install those at home.

Thanks to all.

rmw82

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 email accounts that won't sync either. The only thing syncing properly is my Gmail account. I am hoping to find a fix that doesn't involve a hard reset because I'd hate to lose my settings and saved games, etc. Anyone have a solution besides a hard reset?

rmw82

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
In case it helps anyone else...

My battery life was horrible for me, if I didn't keep charging it, it would have drained within hours. I also had a problem where my email wasn't downloading. If I sent into my email account settings, it wouldn't let me alter or delete the account because it was always attempting to sync. I put my phone into airplane mode and restarted the phone. When it rebooted, I deleted the email account and re-added it. Once I re-added the email account and turned the airplane mode off, my email downloaded and my battery problem went away.

I figure that the battery was being drained by the phone constantly trying to download the emails. I write this in case it helps anyone else.

squid729

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
had to use this method to reset Yahoo Mail on my L925 with WP81DP. was stuck trying to "sync" and could not stop or delete and re-add, and was draining battery. using airplane mode and a reboot allowed me to delete and re-add the account. thanks!

Milan Bassi

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I hard reset my phone and now i cant add any accounts and has rendered my phone useless as it wont let me add the Outlook account needed to make it work, any ideas? done loads of hard resets and has been like this for a day!

suharsh

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
In case it helps anyone else...

My battery life was horrible for me, if I didn't keep charging it, it would have drained within hours. I also had a problem where my email wasn't downloading. If I sent into my email account settings, it wouldn't let me alter or delete the account because it was always attempting to sync. I put my phone into airplane mode and restarted the phone. When it rebooted, I deleted the email account and re-added it. Once I re-added the email account and turned the airplane mode off, my email downloaded and my battery problem went away.

I figure that the battery was being drained by the phone constantly trying to download the emails. I write this in case it helps anyone else.

That's a good piece of info. Yes, I experienced the same symptoms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes