Is Wi-fi working for anyone?!

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey! Can someone please answer this.. I have had this problem 2 times now, I needed to hard reset to fix it last time and now it has happened again. I am connected to the internet yet my phone acts like I am not. I can not search for anything on IE, Twitter, Facebook... Anything! What is going on? This is really starting to annoy me.. Is Windows Phone's servers still having issues?

gronsa

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have similar problem. Wifi is connected but L920 says connection is restricted (no connection to internet).

Wifi works for every other device.

tomcat239

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have similar problem. Wifi is connected but L920 says connection is restricted (no connection to internet).

Wifi works for every other device.

same prob with you here. My 820 connects with all other WiFi but not the one at my home. Really dont know why?! >.<

mt1202

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The same thing has happened for me with my L920 after the update. The phone connects with no problem to my home wifi, but it will not connect to the wifi at work. For what it matters, my wifi at home is AT&T, the wifi at work is an AT&T hotspot, and my carrier is AT&T. I am going to try to connect to a few different (reliable) wifi hotspots the next few days and see try to see which ones it has trouble connecting to...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
There are several of us with wifi issues. I've experienced exactly what you're describing. I have turned off wifi completely and am relying on my data connection exclusively. Solved my lock up & rebooting issues.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Let's please not be so quick to dimiss people with issues just because you aren't having the same problem. They obviously had a working network before, and now they do not after the update. Saying things like "Nah mine is working fine so it must be your ISP" is not helpful. I for one have had nothing but problems with the 8.1 update on my HTC 8XT. Including but not limited to: Wiped carrier settings, wi-fi radio crashing when the phone goes to sleep, which require a restart to fix, and constant reboots both during use and while the phone is asleep, inability to read SD card, phone won't wake up from sleep, and those are just the problems that make the device non-functioning, let alone the bugs that reduce it's usefulness and the crippling of old features (music and photo hubs)

The problem with wifi seems to be for most people that the radio crashes when the phone goes to sleep, and won't work again until you restart the phone (if it doesnt restart by itself first) You can try to set wifi to only be enabled manually. This is what I'm trying next and I know it is going to be very cumbersome. If you have not hard reset yet, I would recommend giving it a try with your fingers crossed, and do not restore from a back up. Start with fresh settings on your phone.

I understand this was a developer "preview" but being an official update available from Microsoft, I did not hesitate as much as I should have when trying this update. My phone is essentially a paperweight now. I'm just glad I got cell working again so I can text my wife and babysitter.

JPB412

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
This is an issue for me. I couldn't connect to my university's internet (username & password, not sure what type of encryption/enterprise/certificate) on my 8x, I was then able to on my Icon with lumia black and gdr3, but after updating to 8.1 I am once again unable to connect. I never had to fiddle with any settings/certificates on my Icon to connect but now I'm concerned about data usage with cortana and other new improvements. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo