Store: Owned/Installed tags

wozburger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
One small, but welcome, enhancement that I noticed in the 8.1 store: you are now notified not only if you have an app installed (used to say "in collection"), but also if you've previously purchased the app but it's not on the phone (now says "owned").

BTW some apps are showing as "Made for Windows Phones and Windows" (e.g. Halo Spartan Assault). I assume that means they are universal apps..?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this , I love the new layout in store , with an option to check apps for updates is great.
Yes those are universal apps , another example is Shazam. It's great to see purchase history (earlier I used my PC to go through the list ).

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know the true answer. That said, apparently devs can set up there apps to be bought once and used on both phone and computer. Maybe it just means the saves sync between the two...

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Aw man... I bought Halo: Spartan Assault on WP, and again on W8... and yet again on XOne. A universal app at that point would've saved a few bucks. :straight:

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I got Halo: Spartan Assault as a free download with the purchase of my Lumia 1520. After installing the Dev Preview, I can't redownload it. The old version is no longer published and the store tells me I have to buy it! I've contacted WP Support, so hopefully they can resolve the issue. I want my game back! :crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven