Transparent tile app suppourt

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I really like the transparent tiles and background images in 8.1 but I just think it would look so much sharper if all the apps supported the feature. One thing I particularly noticed was that even Microsoft's own apps do not support it. When I look at my home screen I see Lync, One Drive, Skype, One Note and the unsightly red Office tiles and none of them have the ability to even match your accent color much less have the transparent effect.

Do you think this is a feature that app developers will start taking advantage of? Or is it to insignificant of a change?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I really like the transparent tiles and background images in 8.1 but I just think it would look so much sharper if all the apps supported the feature. One thing I particularly noticed was that even Microsoft's own apps do not support it. When I look at my home screen I see Lync, One Drive, Skype, One Note and the unsightly red Office tiles and none of them have the ability to even match your accent color much less have the transparent effect.

Do you think this is a feature that app developers will start taking advantage of? Or is it to insignificant of a change?

I believe any tile that uses the theme color can/will work with the background image. Yes, many devs will add this feature in over time. That said, some may not want to so their app's tile sticks out more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss