Notifications in action center - How to add apps?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I searched through few posts and couldn't figure out clearly hence started this thread....Is there a way I can add twitter / whatsapp / facebook / other apps in notification center OR am just on mercy of those devs to update apps to see it there? For now I see only 4 options in Notification center (Message / Phone / Mails / Store)!!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I searched through few posts and couldn't figure out clearly hence started this thread....Is there a way I can add twitter / whatsapp / facebook / other apps in notification center OR am just on mercy of those devs to update apps to see it there? For now I see only 4 options in Notification center (Message / Phone / Mails / Store)!!

This is a good point. How does one add apps to the Notification Center if it's not there. Interesting...

But for your specific issue, my 928 does have Twitter, WhatsApp and FB in the Notification Center. Are you using the official apps or 3rd party ones?

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I think the app itself needs to have toast notification enabled and it should show automatically there? I'm not a developer, but I think that's how it works.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

if the app supports notification, the first time you receive a message from the app, it will be automatically added to the list.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
All toasts will fall in the Notification center automatically. If no toasts (or is not a system app) then it will not appear. Now the Facebook app toasts suck so that maybe why you aren't getting them lol. But yes, toast are up to the developer.

toraji

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Wish this was true. I updated my 1520 and my 1020 the day before yesterday. Both have the exact same apps installed (my 1020 is a clone from my 1520 now that this is possible with 8.1 :). Two apps I use regular are the game Wordfeud and wattsapp. On my 1020 Wordfeud is in the notifications list but on my 1520 not. On my 1520 I use whatssapp and also Wordfeud both of them are not listed in the notifications list and also don't notify me when a message comes in but when I open the apps my phone vibrates. (on wp8 both phones did the same thing, they notified me with a sound when a message came in). The only difference between the two is that my 1520 is used by WiFi or internet sharing through my 1020.....

Something weird going on here and I can't figure it out... any suggestions are very welcome

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
As of like 10 minutes ago, now i have both Facebook and INstagram in my action center as notifcations. I didnt do anything, i know people have said that a notifcation has to trigger before getting added to the action center, there isnt anything you can do as a user in the settings to add.

So again, my suggestion is to post somethign and have people comment or like it and hopefully enough notifcations come through to finally trigger.

day 1, i had a couple of facebook notifcations and instagram, but didnt show up in notification center. So after two days, finally got a notification and it came through. So again, let it run its course and try to have your apps get spammed with notifications.

toraji

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
dkp,

I think you are right, suddenly whatsapp appeared in my notification list, now waiting for Wordfeud to appear there

BTW, love 8.1 a few minor issues but so far I am very contend with it :)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
8.1 is freaky. It is legit learning about you and slowly developing to become a better fit for you personally. I think this is the first device I've ever had that does this and it feels weirdly awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234