Everyone is participating in the preview. All your feedback will hopefully be addressed. Its my assumption that they let it roll out to "developers" so they can work out the kinks. It's not the final build. Remember it hasn't been released to the public quite yet. Its been reviewed as a dev preview. I don't know why writers are reviewing it as WP 8.1. Its 90% completed. There's obvious bugs and you guys are not benefiting off of it. Once the final build is rolled out with cyan, lets make the final review.
    Till then give it to Microsoft and help them improve their OS before the final release.
    herbertsnow likes this.
    04-15-2014 01:18 PM
    Everyone is participating in the preview. All your feedback will hopefully be addressed. Its my assumption that they let it roll out to "developers" so they can work out the kinks. It's not the final build. Remember it hasn't been released to the public quite yet. Its been reviewed as a dev preview. I don't know why writers are reviewing it as WP 8.1. Its 90% completed. There's obvious bugs and you guys are not benefiting off of it. Once the final build is rolled out with cyan, lets make the final review.
    Till then give it to Microsoft and help them improve their OS before the final release.
    no, it's pretty much 100% completed. It's a preview because you get it before the OEM and carrier give it to you and without OEMs addons and fixes. The system itself works fine. Of course they'll fix bugs, it's a new release, but it's final, not beta.
    04-15-2014 01:22 PM
    A to the Men
    04-15-2014 01:24 PM
    No. It is the final build. Dev Preview is Microsoft's way of getting the OS to consumers without the OEM's delay.
    04-15-2014 01:24 PM
    From all the comments I've read here, a lot of people don't get this. I kind of wish I didn't install it though, it made my 520 laggy and slow.
    04-15-2014 01:26 PM
    no, it's pretty much 100% completed. It's a preview because you get it before the OEM and carrier give it to you and without OEMs addons and fixes. The system itself works fine. Of course they'll fix bugs, it's a new release, but it's final, not beta.
    I doubt is 100% done, way too many bugs for that claim.
    04-15-2014 01:28 PM
    If it's anything like the preview for GDR3 has been, this is the full, 100% build of WP8.1 . Yes, there are still bugs and some loading issues here and there, but these will be patched up with another 1-3 patches until it rolls to the public, just like GDR3 preview has been.
    04-15-2014 01:31 PM
    But it isn't official to the public. If its not in carriers hands and being sold to the public it is not completely done. Yes its about 100%. With all the bugs going around, do you think this 100%. Hell no. Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the head if they thought of this as 100%. Its a way to keep the loyalist satisfied. It is the loyalist who will also provide great feedback. I don't know. I'm probably 100% wrong, but I do hope I am right.
    04-15-2014 01:32 PM
    No. It is the final build. Dev Preview is Microsoft's way of getting the OS to consumers without the OEM's delay.
    LOL, the name is "Preview for developer"... It is "FOR DEVELOPERS", not for the consumer.

It is not for the consumer because the warranty.

EDIT: The description from the Store:

Now registered Windows Phone developers can receive pre-release OS updates on their dev phone, directly from Microsoft! You can use this app to opt-in your phone to receive early Windows Phone updates before they are generally available, enabling you to run and test your app on real hardware running the latest OS before your customers.
    And from the Windows blog:

• The update only includes the Microsoft portion of the update. We’re not providing the firmware and drivers that are specific to your device; the rest of the update will flow down to your phone when you receive the official update.
    • When you opt in and apply a prerelease update, you can only move forward with updates. When the update is publicly released for your device, you will once again be in a ‘released state.There is no path back to a prior release/update.
    • After you install a preview update, you may void any warranty from your MO and OEM.
    It is not for consumers.
    Last edited by Xpider_MX; 04-15-2014 at 01:52 PM.
    04-15-2014 01:39 PM
    LOL, the name is "Preview for developer"... It is "FOR DEVELOPERS", not for the consumer.

It is not for the consumer because the warranty.

EDIT: The description from the Store:

And from the Windows blog:

It is not for consumers.
    Calm down & Read : http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...questions.html

Especially the answer to this question : Is this a beta program? Am I going to get beta bits that are full of bugs?
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    04-15-2014 02:50 PM
    Calm down & Read : http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...questions.html

Especially the answer to this question : Is this a beta program? Am I going to get beta bits that are full of bugs?
    I'm calm, and I've read it:

There is no guarantee that this will always be the case, as it is always possible to find a bug and issue a late release
    It is the "final" thing, but only the core, the OS basis is final, but it is not the final release for apps (and some settings now are upgradeable apps). You can get bugs and issues from apps (even "system" apps) and we will have updates, I'm updating the games app now (it is now an app).

And you are not getting the firmware part, only the OS part. With the firmware are incluided drivers for example.
    04-15-2014 02:58 PM
    I'm calm, and I've read it:

It is the "final" thing, but only the core, the OS basis is final, but it is not the final release for apps (and some settings now are upgradeable apps)

And you are not getting the firmware part, only the OS part.
    The OEM, in this case, Nokia only adds a few more software ( ex, creative studio update, new algorithm for camera) on top of what MS has provided them. The core, ie this build remains unchanged.
    04-15-2014 03:05 PM
    In my opinion this is just a beta version.
    04-15-2014 07:07 PM
    We'll see if changes are made once the official release is available. In the meantime, this thread is closed since we do not know whether this will be the same as the official version or not, and it is better not to argue about it.
    multo, Guytronic and KrisJoeEll like this.
    04-15-2014 07:15 PM