HTC specific problems with 8.1 developer preview

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
While the http://forums.windowscentral.com/pr...eveloper-preview-8-1-bugs-defects-thread.html is a great thread, it's becoming increasingly difficult to find problems that occur on HTC phones, so I thought it might be a good idea to post your problems, bugs etc. here.

Here are mine:

Device: HTC Windows Phone 8S
Branded: Telering Austria (SIM unlocked). I use it in my country- Bosnia & Herzegovina

Bugs:
1. Internet explorer chrashes when loading heavy websites. Happends in UC Browser too
2. I can't acces advanced settings in the Internet Explorer settings (just returns me to the previous screen)
3. HTC app live tile is blank (It doesn't work)
4. Some apps tend to crash very often (Weave news reader for example)
5. Sometimes the Games Hub launches by itself for no reason
6. (Rarely) Phone sometimes registers swipe as touch and launches whatever I was holding
7. After setting the phone language to croatian (in the initial setup) its impossible to change my phone language to english.
8. The first time I installed 8.1 Bing had music recognition, after a few hard resets - it's gone
3. HTC must update its app.
8. It's a region related features. I suppose it's limited to USA or something like this.

The green text means - I never had those problems or those are already solved.

Maybe it's language specision (Hungarian) but I can't add new words to the keyboard. The plus symbol missing.
Same here with Romanian. I suppose that ?minor languages? without Flow support must wait a little until the official release of WP8.1 stable. English, German, French or other major languages with Flow support already adding new words in preview.

HTC 8X user here!

Tatafasa

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I've just get windows Phone 8.1 preview.Everything seems working correctly but the flash of my camera is not available.Now I can't shoot photos in a low light.Anymore has the same issue?

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
HTC 8X, unbranded, Romania

1. Can't activate Cortana, English (UK-US) language issue
2.. HTC Clock tile doesn't work

@Tatafasa: Full charge the phone and then press and hold the power button until the phone vibrates ( it will take 10-15sec). Usually this reset helps a lot.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
HTC 8XT (USA - Sprint Exclusive phone)

HTC tile bug like everyone else.

WiFi to secure/encrypted networks slowly slows the phone down to being unusable. You have to reboot the phone and keep WiFi unconnected except to open networks.

Other than that, 8.1 DP is a great update. (Other 8XT owners have more issues, bordering on unusable.)

AND...8XT owners seem to be blocked from the DP now altogether...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes