Weather in calendar?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys seeing the weather in the calendar app? I can't figure out how. I have my location settings turned on...

There is a post about this on the WPC front page somewhere (maybe page 2 or 3 by now, based on how many posts they are making) but it's under the settings in the calendar to use location. It doesn't show up when you first open the app, it takes it like a couple seconds to load up the weather (at least it does for me). What region are you using? Do you have the bing weather app installed? Not sure if that is required but something to look into. *shrug*

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Like I said, I have the location services enabled. But how do I view the weather in the calendar app? I don't see a setting for region, I'm in CA, it should auto detect.

No I don't have Bing weather installed. I'll go look for that post, thanks.

Yeah no help, all it says is this:

Enable weather in Calendar – The new native calendar app can you show the weather forecast right in the calendar! Simply head to Calendar > Settings > Preferences to enable and start seeing the day’s high temperature and weather icon. Great for planning ahead!

It does not tell me where to go in the calendar app to view the weather after making sure the setting is right...

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
It should show an icon on each day with the daily high and a weather symbol next to it. It's visible in mine when I open the app.

andrewames

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Like I said, I have the location services enabled. But how do I view the weather in the calendar app? I don't see a setting for region, I'm in CA, it should auto detect.

At the bottom of Calendar settings is the "Use my location to show the weather and suggested place" checkbox. Also make sure the master location services is on. And then it only shows up under "Day" or "Week" view. The location is simply based on where the phone is located.

Fahrenheit / Celsius is based on your phones Regional format (under Region). This does not affect the availability of Cortana, only Country/Region does.

Maybe its dependent on Bing but I find that unlikely. If you still don't have weather, maybe restart your phone?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
it only shows up under "Day" or "Week" view. The location is simply based on where the phone is located.

THAT is the key I was missing. I always only use month view so yeah, that sucks. Also when I pin the calendar app to the start screen, it doesn't show the weather on the tile either so I still need a 3rd party calendar app, sucks.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

No I don't have Bing weather installed. I'll go look for that post, thanks.

Yeah no help, all it says is this:

Enable weather in Calendar – The new native calendar app can you show the weather forecast right in the calendar! Simply head to Calendar > Settings > Preferences to enable and start seeing the day’s high temperature and weather icon. Great for planning ahead!

It does not tell me where to go in the calendar app to view the weather after making sure the setting is right...

Did you go into Calendar settings and enable it there, under Preferences? The general Location services AND the Calendar option need to be enabled. Anyway, you're not missing much. I tried it and turned it off. Between a dedicated weather app and tile, Cortana, and the calendar, I can't seem to avoid seeing a forecast when I use my phone...

nestie dela cruz

May 5, 2014
Visit site
its like i month ago, i can able to check the weather forecast in my calendar w/ nokia lumia 520, but suddenly disappear????:unhappy: I tried to activate base on what i read here, but sad, it won't. Is this bug in Preview Developer?

AymanTriki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Me either. I can't check weather forecast on my calendar anymore :( I used to find it very useful. Why would such a nice feature just disappear. And now I have to download weather app. I can't understand Microsoft anymore :/ .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos