Battery Life Noticeably Better After 8.1 Update

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed after one day of usage that the battery life on my T-Mobile Lumia 925 is wayyyy better. I've been using LTE with 4 tiles also. I usually get a noticeable drop in battery life with heavy usage, but even after playing Halo on my device, its humming like a champ. Can't speak for every device, but damn, its so much better.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yupp I agree.. i had already found a happy place with my battery lol but this update just made it better

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Very cool. We'll probably run a poll in a few days after people have had a few more days with the new OS. So far my 925 is a lot better.

Broomcorn

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I feel like mine took a huge drop in battery life. In fact I came here to see if I was the only one. Using a 1020, I feel like I can literally watch the percent numbers drop... Anyone else?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I feel like mine took a huge drop in battery life. In fact I came here to see if I was the only one. Using a 1020, I feel like I can literally watch the percent numbers drop... Anyone else?

Some have had success stories to share and others... well... not so much, but keep your chin up :) we might get updates soon

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site

The drop is more than likely because we are all checking our phones out so much more now that we have a new OS to play with. My battery is being used up more but that's because I haven't put it down! Always playing with Cortana and customizing getting things nice and cozy hahaha :)

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
the battery life on my 925 was terrible on LTE, left alot to be desired, I can imagine that the update for u doesn't fix the same problem...

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok Sam, I totally trust you on this one, so I am going to ask you...

What limitations are there on the Nokia Apps with 8.1? I did my 8x and haven't found anything besides the Me Tile that I dislike. I think I am willing to trade the 3rd row of tiles for the update status piece though....

Anything else that I need to worry about - Nokia Music, Camera Beta, Creative Studio, Play To, Video Upload, etc...

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Seems faster? ;) For me it seems like my battery lvl drops faster. Normally by lunch, im at 76-80%. Today, post 8.1, im at 60%. I dont know if its 8.1 or Cortana. I removed a lot of background task's, but the drain still happens.

mgr925

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever try to hard-reset it?

Got mine about 3 weeks ago, fully updated the phone out the case. next day, only about 7 hours of battery time. After a couple of days roaming thrue the forums. I decided to reset it. voila it runs like a kitten now.

indoko

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
My battery drains faster with the 8.1. I did hard reset and cortana is not avalaible because i dont live in usa.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_spain_453 using Tapatalk

Broomcorn

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever try to hard-reset it?

Got mine about 3 weeks ago, fully updated the phone out the case. next day, only about 7 hours of battery time. After a couple of days roaming thrue the forums. I decided to reset it. voila it runs like a kitten now.

What phone are you using and did you do a hard or soft reset?

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is noticeably worse after the update. So far at least. My network or wifi is much much more active, always sending and receiving information. I don't know if maybe because its a new operating system its just pulling lots of new info or what. I know when I first got my phone it was like this for a bit and then got better. Imagine its a similar story for this too. I hope at least

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Mine is chewing through battery about twice as fast as it used to. I normally ran 3-4% per hour, but now I'm closer to 6-7% per hour. I've been off charger for 3.5 hours this morning and I am at 82% left (5.2%) which should get me about 24-26 hours with Battery Saver kicking in at 20%. That's more than acceptable to me for my daily driver.

I figure the increase is due to that additional live tiles on my start screen - I have about 30 where I used to have about 10-15...

I also wonder if Wi-Fi Sense is less efficient than just leaving Wi-Fi on under the lock screen. Kicking it off and on might just use a bit more battery than just leaving it running under the hood. The other thing is that it auto-turns on 'hidden network' searches, which also can use more battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon