File Manager in WP8.1

rajthilak

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

We can see many of us installing the developer preview and posting about the new updates you are seeing.

But till now i did't see any screenshot or anyone mentioning about the much anticipated File Manager.

It is available or not? If not available, will it come out when final release to public comes out?

Regards,
S.Rajthilak

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

We can see many of us installing the developer preview and posting about the new updates you are seeing.

But till now i did't see any screenshot or anyone mentioning about the much anticipated File Manager.

It is available or not? If not available, will it come out when final release to public comes out?

Regards,
S.Rajthilak

This is actually an app that Rudy Huyn is working on and it isn't available yet :)

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
There's no file manager. IE11 has a file picker for attaching files, but that's it. Other apps can also in the future use that file picker, but none have yet (including, unfortunately, Email).

rajthilak

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
If Rudy Huyn is working on it, then i am happy that i can expect something good. But still there could be some limitations in the OS which may prevent us to go to the protected phone memory. This will still be problem. Because, the "Other files" in storage check is going on getting increased and there is no way to find out what is getting stored in that and how to delete those files.

If Microsoft allows us to view files in the phone memory, then developers like Rudy Huyn can help us in tremendous way.If Microsoft stops us accessing phone memory, then again it is a problem. I will be forced to reset my phone to factory settings for every 2 months. That is really SAD.

Regards,
S.Rajthilak

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo