As usual; 2 Steps forward - 3 Steps back

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Why with every update, do they add so many great features, then break or remove just as many?

Where did the visible icon for editing text go? Now I have to guess what is under my thumb. What happened to our FM radio in Xbox Music? Last time they moved all our games in with our other apps, the great majority of us voiced our dislike so they removed it....so why do it a second time??? Storage manage shows 9 GB being taken up by 'settings'. I could go on, but I'm sure many of you get my point.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
FM radio is a separate app. Not sure where you're seeing "Settings" as an option for taking up space (I don't see it in Storage Sense or Nokia's Storage Check). I agree with you on the games being split out.

To move the cursor when editing text, tap on a word once and you'll see the selection circles. Tap again and you'll see a circle for the cursor. Once it recognizes you've tapped on the cursor, you can move your finger as far up or down out of the way as necessary.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
FM radio is a separate app. Not sure where you're seeing "Settings" as an option for taking up space (I don't see it in Storage Sense or Nokia's Storage Check). I agree with you on the games being split out.

To move the cursor when editing text, tap on a word once and you'll see the selection circles. Tap again and you'll see a circle for the cursor. Once it recognizes you've tapped on the cursor, you can move your finger as far up or down out of the way as necessary.
No. Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. When I go to apps in the data storage apps to see what is using what, it says that 'settings' is taking up 9GB.

I tried what you said with the cursor. Seems to work, but is a little hokey and requires way to much time as compared to before. Wish they would just add a zoom like iOS.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Why with every update, do they add so many great features, then break or remove just as many?

Where did the visible icon for editing text go? Now I have to guess what is under my thumb. What happened to our FM radio in Xbox Music? Last time they moved all our games in with our other apps, the great majority of us voiced our dislike so they removed it....so why do it a second time??? Storage manage shows 9 GB being taken up by 'settings'. I could go on, but I'm sure many of you get my point.

I was thinking about the games being moved today. It may have to do with the game hub being removed for a separate xbox games app that isn't built into the OS itself, so it can't hide the apps within it. Just a thought, though I also prefer them out of the all apps list, I wouldn't call it a step back.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about the games being moved today. It may have to do with the game hub being removed for a separate xbox games app that isn't built into the OS itself, so it can't hide the apps within it. Just a thought, though I also prefer them out of the all apps list, I wouldn't call it a step back.

I guess they will add an apps list filter later.

EDIT: Something like:

WP81_Screens_Notif.png

Or:

thart_murray_fig02.jpg

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I thin it is safe to say regardless of some of the changes, this OS quite a few steps forward from wp8. Considering wp8 was essentially wp7.5.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire