Why with every update, do they add so many great features, then break or remove just as many?

Where did the visible icon for editing text go? Now I have to guess what is under my thumb. What happened to our FM radio in Xbox Music? Last time they moved all our games in with our other apps, the great majority of us voiced our dislike so they removed it....so why do it a second time??? Storage manage shows 9 GB being taken up by 'settings'. I could go on, but I'm sure many of you get my point.
    04-15-2014 03:26 PM
    FM is still there, it is an app.
    04-15-2014 03:29 PM
    FM radio is a separate app. Not sure where you're seeing "Settings" as an option for taking up space (I don't see it in Storage Sense or Nokia's Storage Check). I agree with you on the games being split out.

To move the cursor when editing text, tap on a word once and you'll see the selection circles. Tap again and you'll see a circle for the cursor. Once it recognizes you've tapped on the cursor, you can move your finger as far up or down out of the way as necessary.
    04-15-2014 03:32 PM
    FM radio is a separate app. Not sure where you're seeing "Settings" as an option for taking up space (I don't see it in Storage Sense or Nokia's Storage Check). I agree with you on the games being split out.

To move the cursor when editing text, tap on a word once and you'll see the selection circles. Tap again and you'll see a circle for the cursor. Once it recognizes you've tapped on the cursor, you can move your finger as far up or down out of the way as necessary.
    No. Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. When I go to apps in the data storage apps to see what is using what, it says that 'settings' is taking up 9GB.

I tried what you said with the cursor. Seems to work, but is a little hokey and requires way to much time as compared to before. Wish they would just add a zoom like iOS.
    04-15-2014 03:38 PM
    No. Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. When I go to apps in the data storage apps to see what is using what, it says that 'settings' is taking up 9GB.
    Mine is not showing "settings" in that list. Can you take a screenshot?
    04-15-2014 03:53 PM
    Why with every update, do they add so many great features, then break or remove just as many?

Where did the visible icon for editing text go? Now I have to guess what is under my thumb. What happened to our FM radio in Xbox Music? Last time they moved all our games in with our other apps, the great majority of us voiced our dislike so they removed it....so why do it a second time??? Storage manage shows 9 GB being taken up by 'settings'. I could go on, but I'm sure many of you get my point.
    I was thinking about the games being moved today. It may have to do with the game hub being removed for a separate xbox games app that isn't built into the OS itself, so it can't hide the apps within it. Just a thought, though I also prefer them out of the all apps list, I wouldn't call it a step back.
    04-15-2014 03:56 PM
    I was thinking about the games being moved today. It may have to do with the game hub being removed for a separate xbox games app that isn't built into the OS itself, so it can't hide the apps within it. Just a thought, though I also prefer them out of the all apps list, I wouldn't call it a step back.
    I guess they will add an apps list filter later.

EDIT: Something like:

Or:

04-15-2014 04:02 PM
    Mine is not showing "settings" in that list. Can you take a screenshot?
    I don't have it either. "Other" btw it was fixed ... 0 bytes!
    04-15-2014 04:04 PM
    I don't have it either. "Other" btw it was fixed ... 0 bytes!
    Mine is 0 bytes too, but Lumia Storage check is showing "763 MB".
    04-15-2014 04:07 PM
    wp_ss_20140415_0001.jpg it finally disappeared in the native data storage app but is still showing up in the Nokia app.
    04-15-2014 04:14 PM
    I REALLY hope they do add an app filter later... this is something im very surprised they didn't add in 8.1 already but I guess you have to pick and choose your battles with an update of this size.

I guess they will add an apps list filter later.

EDIT: Something like:

http://www.windowscentral.com/sites/...eens_Notif.png

Or:

http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/image...rray_fig02.jpg
    04-15-2014 04:37 PM
    I thin it is safe to say regardless of some of the changes, this OS quite a few steps forward from wp8. Considering wp8 was essentially wp7.5.
    04-15-2014 04:45 PM