Glance disappeared after reset to factory settings within wp8.1

devlam

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday i installed wp8.1. Today i did a factory reset. After the reset wp8.1 is still installed. That dowsn't matter but now glance is missing.
Offcouse that was a nokia app which came with a nokia lumia update. How to get this back?

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
a factory reset removes the black/amber nokia updates, your only choice is to downgrade to wp8, reinstall the amber&black updates and upgrade to wp8.1
it takes about an evening but it is worth the effort

search the wp8.0 forums on here for an easy guide written at the time of gdr3 for people to go back to gdr2 using that nokia software for pc (i think it was called something like caresuite)

keep us updated if you run into trouble

BrunoShady

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset after installing the 8.1 and the glance and others apps from Nokia were installed automatically from the store... check there

devlam

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Today I discovered that i didn't look good enough glance is still in the settings. Although it is not working but that was already the situation before upgrade to windows 8.1 and also not working anymore after factory reset.
I think the screen memory is broke. How much warranty do i have, it's a lumia 820 16 months old :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium