Huge Amazon device sale! Shop all the discounts now

After updating to 8.1, my HERE Drive+ app is acting crazy right now. Everytime it begins to announce an instruction, my car display says that it is attempting to Dial someone now. Does Navigon do this too? I always mash "end" on my car display to end the call before anything happens so I'm not sure if it actually DOES call, but is this happening to anyone else and is there a fix?

If it matters, I drive a 2013 Chrysler 300 using Uconnect Bluetooth and Garmin display
    04-15-2014 04:15 PM
    Yeah, its mostly not working. It seems to be okay if I keep it in the foreground, but it takes a one way trip to crazy town if I run anything else.

Plus, you can't open addresses from searches with it anymore, which is even more annoying.
    04-15-2014 04:53 PM
    Do all GPS apps have this issue or just HERE Drive+? I don't want to buy Navigon to find it has the same issues...
    04-15-2014 05:37 PM
    @tractionx, when you say that you cannot open addresses from searches, I think there is an extra step now if I understand what you mean. Is the below what you are talking about?

Original Behavior:
    Click search button, type in a location, and view results. See a map with the location, and below that, on the left is a button to call, and on the right is a button to Drive to. Touch Drive to, and you are presented with a list of GPS apps to select from. Pick Here Drive+ and you are on your way.

New Behavior:
    Click search button, type in a location, and view results. See a map with the location, and below that, on the left is a button to call, and on the right is a button to Directions. Touch Directions, and you are presented with what appears to be a bing maps view. Click the "start voice nav" button in the lower left and you will see a list of GPS apps to select from. Pick Here Drive+...

I don't like the extra step of having to go through the Bing maps view to get to the GPS apps list when using search. Anyone know how to change that behavior back to the original?

Thanks!
    04-15-2014 05:37 PM
    In the 1520 forums, other users are having this same issue. Does anyone know of a fix?
    04-16-2014 04:04 AM
    Everytime it begins to announce an instruction, my car display says that it is attempting to Dial someone now.
    See the problem

Same problem on my SONY aftermarket car stereo. Please cast your votes here or here to let MS know about the issue.
    Last edited by peter14f; 05-18-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    04-18-2014 12:01 AM
    Do all GPS apps have this issue or just HERE Drive+? I don't want to buy Navigon to find it has the same issues...
    GPS Voice Navigation also has the same problem. But not Waze.
    04-18-2014 12:10 PM