Games hub now a mess? Use Kids Corner!

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
As we all know, the Games hub has been nullified by the 8.1 update but in a flash of inspiration I decided to use Kids Corner as a replacement.

It's a workaround, sure but it's a quick way of accessing all of your games instead of wading through the apps list. With three column tiles in use it looks better than the hub anyway!

Either pin KC to your home screen or access it the usual way.

Cheers!

Last edited:

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Games Hub gone? Use Kids Corner!

I can still access my games from the games hub, as well as them now being scattered in the app list-what's different that you need to use kids corner?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

What are you talking about? The games hub still shows games, it just now also shows them in the app list. There's no need for a workaround. I would post a picture, but the app doesn't have that feature yet.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

I know the hub it still there, I changed the thread title after I realised my error - but like I said, it's been nullified (ie. f*cked up) by the update.
It's now become a slow, laggy and buggy mess. Every time it opens it has to "update" the games list and then swiping up, down, left and right is a nasty experience.

Last edited:

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Hmm. Odd. Mine takes 2 secs to update, and swiping up and down is fine, and not laggy at all. Maybe it gets worse if you have large numbers of games? I only have about 20.

To be fair to the other guy that posted, you thread title does say ' games hub GONE' so it wasn't unreasonable to think that you believed it to be no longer there, or 'gone'

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Why does it need to update though? It never used to - they were just there. I don't have much more than that tbh.
Anywho, I like my workround, it gives a whole home screen full of games :smile:

bluedevil121

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I updated my games hub a few hours ago. And that update completely messed up my games. The games hub always shows an error when trying to display the games that I have in my phone. Going straight to the games from the apps menu still works fine. It's just going through the games hub is a pain.

Any suggestions to correct this would be appreciated.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I updated my games hub a few hours ago. And that update completely messed up my games. The games hub always shows an error when trying to display the games that I have in my phone. Going straight to the games from the apps menu still works fine. It's just going through the games hub is a pain.

Any suggestions to correct this would be appreciated.
The same happened to me.
I think mom MS is going to fix this soon.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Just thought that I would pop back in and say that my phone hasn't had the updating games problem since yesterday. I'm not sure if everyone else is fixed though...

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I am also receiving the error. Games are not showing under my games hub unfortunately.. Hopefully there will be a Fix.

anyway, I love the Kid's corner's idea..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss