Bluetooth on 928 with 8.1?

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with Bluetooth after installing 8.1?
I can enable bluetooth (BT) and connect to paired devices but no sound comes out the device, nor can I speak back in via the MIC.
When I disable BT again, there's no audio on the phone, either input or output.
Calls come in and show "Speaker" mode on, but you cannot turn Speaker mode off and a reset of the phone is the only way to get audio to function again.
I'm sure Cyan will be the answer just curious if others are experiencing BT troubles after installing dev preview of 8.1.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same issue as OP twice. Xbox Music and Bluetooth are not doing well together. Twice I toyed with it for 15 minutes in the car (while driving... very dangerous) and ended up saying screw it and listened to the god awful radio. It's hit or miss and I haven't been able to find out why it does it.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been having that issue before the update but I think it may just be my jawbone era that I use it may be time to finally replace it have you tried any other Bluetooth devices?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

safesax2002

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have an 822 and have issues resuming a podcast after it reconnects to my Flexsmart X2. If I resume a podcast on my phone then I can use the play/pause button just fine. I haven't tried music but I suspect I'll get the same results. I'll try that tomorrow. I have also tried re-pairing but that didn't help.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I did a full hard reset and the problem totally vanished along with a slew of other problems that ended up crippling the phone.
Facebook app crashed, most apps started to force close, so many audio errors.... it was getting worthless.
I made sure all photos, txt msgs, apps, settings etc. were backed up and did a full "RESET" of the device which wiped everything out and started from scratch.
On reload I logged into my MS account and restored the backup and everything reinstalled, all txt msgs returned, phone history etc.

BEST THING I'VE DONE so far! My phone hums and I get the full experience of WP8.1 without the nags and constant bugs.

For me, an upgrade was not the best path, a full wipe and restore/installation of WP8.1 did wonders.
Hope this helps others. Just make 100000% sure you backup ALL your photos, music, videos and media to skydrive or your pc by USB cable, and you'll be good to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2