changed your region to US to get cortana? wanna buy apps in your region?

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Like many others, I changed my region to US to get cortana in 8.1, and was thinking what an hassle changing back to germany every time i wanted to buy an app. Well, apparently there's a way. You can add credit via a microsoft gift card, which shows up as one of the options when it tells you 'no payment option for this region'. You can buy US microsoft gift cards in many places online (i used cardcodes.com), and got the redeem code via email within an hour or so (i paid it with paypal).
Then on your phone on the store, you can just redeem this code. The final step is that you need to add an US address, well also no biggie since you can just go on google maps and find any random US address, and well there you go.
I added 50dollars to my US region and now i can spend away without changing my region again and still enjoy the new cortana services.

Cheers

Pinchscape

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Great idea !

Firstly, your address cardcodes.com is wrong - its cardscodes.com :)

Secondly, I can only find XBox gift cards - do these work ? can you give me a link to the exact product you purchased ?

Many thanks

Dean

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
damn, only so your post now, sorry about that.
you can get any of these Microsoft Points/Credits USA doesn't matter it says xbox. the stores are merged now. i got the cheapest just to try, gonna get now a 50$ one, so that i can have the shopping covered for a long time.
it took a couple of hours until i got the code though, but worked like a charm.
Cheers

Great idea !

Secondly, I can only find XBox gift cards - do these work ? can you give me a link to the exact product you purchased ?

Many thanks

Dean

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
damn, only so your post now, sorry about that.
you can get any of these Microsoft Points/Credits USA doesn't matter it says xbox. the stores are merged now. i got the cheapest just to try, gonna get now a 50$ one, so that i can have the shopping covered for a long time.
it took a couple of hours until i got the code though, but worked like a charm.
Cheers

Great idea !

Many thanks

Dean

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720