headphone issues since 8.1 update.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow and I thought I was the only person having this issue. The only thing that works is to not plug the headphones all the way in and pull the jack slightly out and sound plays perfectly on both sides. Using aux in my car has no such luck no matter what I do. I will try the power down fix and see if that works. Lumia 920.

jonrmorgan

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Similar grief awaits owners of the 630 - same symptoms as described above.
Does anyone know what MS is doing to fix this issue ?
It would be easy if you didn't know it's a software issue to turn it into a hardware issue by taking your frustration out on the headphone socket ! Still it's good to know rebooting does indeed provide a temporary fix.
Love the phone otherwise.

Carabulea Dumitru

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I think this issue its only on some hardware. Not all windows phone 8.1 users faces this problem.
3rd update do not fix this problem. If they dont solve this problem fast i will quit using windows phone.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Great news folks after the recent update to the developer preview the sound issue has been fixed! Sound comes through richly from both sides of my headphones all the way plugged in.

rmstern53

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Great news folks after the recent update to the developer preview the sound issue has been fixed! Sound comes through richly from both sides of my headphones all the way plugged in.

It did not fix it for me on my Lumia 920, what kind of phone are you using?

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
It did not fix it for me on my Lumia 920, what kind of phone are you using?
I'm using a Lumia 920 as well and I no longer have to play around with the headphone jack to get the sound to come through both sides. I just plug it in and it works. Also in the car through AUX everything works fine. In the car it would only come through the left side no matter what I did. Update fixed it for me.:)
EDIT: I can also confirm received messages and alerts while listening to music on headphones and the sound issue never resurfaced. It's all good.

Last edited:

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Update: The sound issue has once again resurfaced out of the blue. I don't know what happened but all of a sudden I realized sound was only coming out of the left speakers in my car and now headphones(which I'm using right now). Well it was nice for a few days I guess....

anon8961641

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
+1. I have a Nokia Lumia 925. It was working fine but now I have the headphone issue and the only solution seems to be a restart of the phone. It could be due to the 8.1 upgrade which I performed over the weekend. Terribly annoying!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I probably already said so in this thread, but my 925 has been having this issue whenever I listen to music. Just a couple of days back, I noticed it also occur in my 810, which is maddening! I thought it was only happening to my 925, but lo and behold, while listening to music and then pausing it for a moment, the sound then only played out of the left side when I pressed play again. Definitely an 8.1 specific issue because I never experienced this on either phone on 8, and my 920, which still runs on 8, has never had this problem.

rmw82

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a TMobile Nokia 810 and this issue also started happening with my phone starting a few days ago. I only post this in hope that enough people complain so it gets the proper attention it needs.

rmw82

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've got a test for you all to try out. I have had this issue with the stock music player and podcast app. It has not happened to me using Pandora or a HardFox tabata app (it plays music as you workout). If this issue only happens with those stock apps, it may help the powers that be solve the issue.

Brokn Wing

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Well ! I got No issuees with my L1520 after upgrading it to 8.1 DP. Infact it bacame unbeatable now. No other phone can replace it's position in my life now:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss