Gmail Error: 801901F5

Max McWilliams

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Since updating to 8.1, my gmail accounts have been greyed out and have the message "syncing" for over a day now. When I added another gmail account I got the error code 801901F5. These gmail accounts were added under the "Email + Accounts" section.

I am not able to get my gmail if I go into the mail app and press the sync button. Before the mail accounts were set to get the mail every 30 minutes, but this is not happening. Interestingly, at some point while I was sleeping, all of my gmail came through and I woke up to find 21 new emails.

Since the email accounts are still grayed out, I am not able to delete them or change their settings.

This problems persists over cell data and all wifi networks that I have tried. I've also tried soft restarting, but this did nothing.

The only time I actually got the error code 801901F5, was when I decided to add another gmail account. That account I added said "syncing" for a few minutes, I got the error message, and then was able to delete the account. The other gmail accounts, won't budge from their grayed out state".

Thanks for your help.

ntc034

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Go to email+account, google, advanced settings and change the Calendar server setting to "www.google.com"

Last edited:

Kholekile Baso

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Since updating to 8.1, my gmail accounts have been greyed out and have the message "syncing" for over a day now. When I added another gmail account I got the error code 801901F5. These gmail accounts were added under the "Email + Accounts" section.

I am not able to get my gmail if I go into the mail app and press the sync button. Before the mail accounts were set to get the mail every 30 minutes, but this is not happening. Interestingly, at some point while I was sleeping, all of my gmail came through and I woke up to find 21 new emails.

Since the email accounts are still grayed out, I am not able to delete them or change their settings.

This problems persists over cell data and all wifi networks that I have tried. I've also tried soft restarting, but this did nothing.

The only time I actually got the error code 801901F5, was when I decided to add another gmail account. That account I added said "syncing" for a few minutes, I got the error message, and then was able to delete the account. The other gmail accounts, won't budge from their grayed out state".

Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa