Where is the new nokia camera promised in 8.1

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I was very excited about the new camera app that captures little bit of movement with the snap that was showcased on lumia 930...

sent from Lumia 1020 or Note 3 dual sim

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
This is the 8.1 Dev Preview, not Nokia Cyan or whatever they are calling it (so no Nokia specific firmware/apps).

Will have to wait for official releases...

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I cared of updating to wp8.1 is the camera algorithm improvements in 920. But unfortunately, the photos still uses an aggressive post-processing softness, blurriness, and yellowish results.

Yazan Abdullah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I cared of updating to wp8.1 is the camera algorithm improvements in 920. But unfortunately, the photos still uses an aggressive post-processing softness, blurriness, and yellowish results.

dude...forget about it! seriously....just drop it.
for heaven's sake, how many times have we heard this before? with evry friggin GDR or amber or whatver the hell they name it, they talk about improved camera algorithms and the reviewers scream their tits out, and then when we get the update, we realize that there it no improvement whatsoever. .....my 920 still takes the crappiest and softest images whenever i am indoors....my old first gen mytouch3g android phone took better indoors pics i swear.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
for heaven's sake, how many times have we heard this before? with evry friggin GDR or amber or whatver the hell they name it, they talk about improved camera algorithms and the reviewers scream their tits out, and then when we get the update, we realize that there it no improvement whatsoever. .....my 920 still takes the crappiest and softest images whenever i am indoors....my old first gen mytouch3g android phone took better indoors pics i swear.

Haha, yea seriously. Amber and Black both promised improved image algorithms. Amber made it worse, and Black did not improve. Maybe Cyan will improve it :) It can't be that hard, I don't get why they can't figure this crap out. Pre-Amber the pictures were perfect!

Yazan Abdullah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't get why they can't figure this crap out. !

because nokia is a hardware company, not a software company. it can put all the megapixel it wants, but images are still gonna be crappy and software is slow. apple will use half the hardware nokia uses and yet produces images twice as good with software twice as fast, and that's because apple is both a software and hardware company. Samsung and LG and HTC are just as bad as Nokia because they too are not software companies. here's hoping that Nokia quits the camera software and that MS gets its **** together and produces a decent photography software. hell nokia even sucks at hardware: it cannot make a thin and light phone, and it uses attractive colors and design to compensate for this deficiency. if nokia knew how to make decent phones, apple or google would have bought it way before MS.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
because nokia is a hardware company, not a software company. it can put all the megapixel it wants, but images are still gonna be crappy and software is slow. apple will use half the hardware nokia uses and yet produces images twice as good with software twice as fast, and that's because apple is both a software and hardware company. Samsung and LG and HTC are just as bad as Nokia because they too are not software companies. here's hoping that Nokia quits the camera software and that MS gets its **** together and produces a decent photography software. hell nokia even sucks at hardware: it cannot make a thin and light phone, and it uses attractive colors and design to compensate for this deficiency. if nokia knew how to make decent phones, apple or google would have bought it way before MS.

What are you talking about? No iPhone comes close to the pics of a 1020.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

The reason why I bought this phone is because of the camera. But unfortunately, my $70 takes sharper photos than 920(Amber, Black, 8.1) but of course 920 takes better pictures.
I hope MicroKia will fix this annoying yellowish pictures in the next update. I still have hopes

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I did get a new camera with 8.1 update. It has a new burst mode that will keep shooting until shutter button is released. Then you can scroll through the simi-animated shots to pick your best one. Don't know if the is the "Living Images" they are referring but it's pretty close. They should allow you to make an animated gif with those frames but I can do that with separate app.

wp_ss_20140415_0028.jpg

wp_ss_20140415_0029.jpg

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Did u get a separate update to nokia camera or it came with 8.1.....Guys common...nokia camera r the best from n95 days to N8 . N808 and lumia 1020 its the best ever....on my lumia 1020 black update really improved the camera....

sent from Lumia 1020 or Note 3 dual sim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium