Lost push email on Exchange email

Glavata

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
After 8.1 I am unable to get push email on my Exchange work email (selecting 'as items arrive'). Before I was able to add my work email under Outlook.com part of the email+accounts settings. Now it appears we need to use Exchange when adding a new account. The server finds my settings correctly, but I can't get push email, options now are every 15/30 min, etc. Did they remove this intentionally for 8.1? Trying to go through adding a workplace account fails outright, being unable to find settings (but that never worked on 8.0 either).

Another note, on 8.0 when I added my work email it was able to detect Lync 2010 being available, and now it did not.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
After 8.1 I am unable to get push email on my Exchange work email (selecting 'as items arrive'). Before I was able to add my work email under Outlook.com part of the email+accounts settings. Now it appears we need to use Exchange when adding a new account. The server finds my settings correctly, but I can't get push email, options now are every 15/30 min, etc. Did they remove this intentionally for 8.1? Trying to go through adding a workplace account fails outright, being unable to find settings (but that never worked on 8.0 either).

Another note, on 8.0 when I added my work email it was able to detect Lync 2010 being available, and now it did not.

I'm fighting this same issue as well. Relieved to see it's not just me. How many email accounts do you have on your phone? I thought there might be a limit to the # of accounts you can have that get this option. I have 4 accounts that have this option, 3 more that do not. Seems after the first 4, I can't add anymore that have the "as items arrive" option. I'm afraid to remove any of the ones that still have the option for fear that I won't get it back.

Glavata

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have 3 Gmail accounts set on 'as items arive'. Onw Ourlook.com accoutn that is 'as items arive'. This is the only Exchange account I have and it doesn't have it. It is consistent with what you said that after the 4th account it doesn't allow more. I'll play around with it some more.

Glavata

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
CONFIRMED: You can't have more than 4 accounts sync settings set on 'as items arrive'. The 5th and rest, need to be set on some intervals.

PS. You can easily change the settings around once added, within the limit.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
CONFIRMED: You can't have more than 4 accounts sync settings set on 'as items arrive'. The 5th and rest, need to be set on some intervals.

PS. You can easily change the settings around once added, within the limit.

Thanks for the info. Can you cite a reference? Just want to make sure I can cite the reference when I put in for the feature enhancement. I really don't know WHY they would limit it. :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte