Nerfed Photos Live Tile?

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
On Windows Phone 8.0, the Photos live tile would cycle apparently at random through all my favorite photos. Probably have about 250 marked as favorite. I really enjoyed that.

In Windows Phone 8.1, I have the setting set to show only favorites on the live tile, which is "working" but it seems to choose only a small handful, about 10, and loops through those same 10 in the same order over and over. If you go back to the settings and choose "shuffle now" it selects a new 10 to show in the loop through in same order over and over.

I am just wondering if anyone else noticed this. Do you think it will select a different 10 on it's own eventually? It's been at least 5 hours since I hit the "shuffle now" button. Why would they make this change? Possibly for performance improvements but unless they were caching all favorites in the old version I can't see why.

Despite all the new stuff, they have really crippled a lot of my favorite features... things I would take in spades over separate volume or a notification center.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers