Windows Phone Virus???

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I know its not a virus on my phone, but I know dam well what Conduit Search is. Anybody know what this section means and how Conduit Search showed up within minutes of me downloading 8.1 preview? (I got it yesterday but was slow creating a thread about it)

wp_ss_20140414_0003.png

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
From their site: "As a smaller but well-resourced company, Conduit heavily invests its human and economic capital in two product areas. Its U family of products provides a revolutionary crossover experience by uniting the user’s digital world, including browser, social networks, apps, and phone. U spans mobile and desktop, with more innovations in cross-device communication to come. Proprietary microapps maintain a continuous publisher presence across devices, with AccuWeather, TuneIn, VICE, any.do, Songza, and 365scores having signed on as U partners."

Do you use any of the sites or apps listed above?

BTW, my Manage Storage shows netflix.com. I used the Netflix app.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes but they also sell their engine to sites that use it to hijack you're homepage, modify your registry, and search your computer for information. 99% of the time when you see it installed on a computer is for the reasons I mentioned above.

But back on the topic of Windows Phone, can anybody provide me a good explanation of what this section is and what these downloads are for?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes but they also sell their engine to sites that use it to hijack you're homepage, modify your registry, and search your computer for information. 99% of the time when you see it installed on a computer is for the reasons I mentioned above.

But back on the topic of Windows Phone, can anybody provide me a good explanation of what this section is and what these downloads are for?
DId you visit any of the websites listed in my posts?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

You are absolutely correct. I work some in PC repair, and probably 95% of the PCs that come through here with viruses have Conduit search set as default with the Conduit toolbar installed. It's legit, but a blight on society. I'm surprised it came through though on your WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo