Application BackUp and Sharing

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys,

Need help.

As in Android there is an application(apkshare) which keeps backup of apk on your phone memory and later we can share it among, I want to keep my apps backup in SD/phone memory before uninstalling it which I can use in future.

Is there any such feature or application available in Windows phone 8 ??

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Not entirely sure on what you're trying to say. Do you mean a phone backup? If so, WP8.1 does FULL phone backups now, including app backups!

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Not entirely sure on what you're trying to say. Do you mean a phone backup? If so, WP8.1 does FULL phone backups now, including app backups!

It most definitely does not. Check my post about this which for some reason got moved to the Preview for Developers forum despite being based not on the Preview but on a Build talk.

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
So you mean we need to install apps every time from store and can't store the app setup files on phone memory ?

codynunes

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If you have them on a SD card then you should be able to. All your installed apps are automatically downloaded from the store when you load your backup during initial setup. App data has to be enabled by the developer. I just did a reset with wp8.1 and none of my app dat carried over because none of my apps were updated to Wp8.1 yet

RVthatsme

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
If your phone supports SD card, you can download apps and games from the store(via your pc) copy them to your SD card. Then, you can install and uninstall them whenever you want.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
how to do that ? is it possible without PC ?
in 8.1, phone storage was replaced by "storage sense" it is now giving you the option to store new apps to SD card. I don't know if we can transfer current apps already installed in the phone to SD together with the app backup. This can help users who have tight data and wants to hard reset their device?

Last edited:

lpforthewin

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
For some reason hard resetting when you have apps on the SD card stops the phone accepting the apps when you restore it - it asks if you'd like to delete the apps that are on there from another phone before it will let you save apps to it again. I suppose this is an anti piracy feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers