Disappointed with WP8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Developer here so I will elaborate on point 1. MS is dumb so they set the default action when launching an app from the start screen to be restarting the app. Developers can change the behavior to make it behave like choosing the app from the multitask window but most of them don't bother or don't even know that they can.

Well, then, the developers are the dumbs, if they know that they must change the behavior, and they don't do it, IMO they are the guilty.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Apparently when companies like Blackberry and Jolla with much lesser OS design experience can perfectly implement it, why not Microsoft?

What makes you think Jolla has less experience designing mobile operating systems ? I a lot of the guys there are from the ex Maemo/MeeGo team at Nokia and they know what they are doing.

Lol, i have a good laugh with this.

Well implement "true" multitasking doesn't necessarily mean poor battery life. Check Symbian and MeeGo for reference.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Symbian is a good reference? My friend have a Nokia 701. It's way worst than any Nokia Lumia with the same battery (1400mah).

I don't know about Meego, but probably it's the same.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, then, the developers are the dumbs, if they know that they must change the behavior, and they don't do it, IMO they are the guilty.

You know what's more dump? ppl not using the multitask windows to resume an app they already launch.

I prefer to relaunch an app if I press it from start screen instead of navigating to it with the multitask window but hey thats just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro