With Today's Skype update no more Skype account login

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yet bizarrely you can't actually Skype people who are logged in with a Microsoft account from the dialer, only those using the old accounts. I hope they fix this before 8.1 is out to the public.

Tribanj

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that now I can not get to your contacts on Skype which I had when I signed with Skype account. I tried a few tips from the Internet, but the problem remains the same. How with the Microsoft account, I can have all the contacts from Skype?

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Normaly, you can link your Skype account to your Microsoft account.

This. You need to do this. Those logged in with an MS account that have not linked their Skype account are kind of like just logged into MSN messenger as it used to be.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes but even on a linked account, you are only seeing/given the ability to Skype call your Skype contacts who have an old Skype username. For example, I have a Skype friend who's name is john_smith. I can link that to my contact for "John Smith" and when on the phone with him I can initiate Skype call with him. I have a friend Jane Doe, who started using Skype recently, so her Skype name is her Microsoft account - janedoe@outlook.com. I can see and call her from the Skype app, but her Skype account is not linked to people and I can't video call her from a phone call.

That to me is a huge bug. Has anyone found a workaround?

dellboy67

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
That could be part of my problem too - I'm on WP8.1 update & have an old Skype account & a Windows acct but MS say the 2 accounts are linked but they're not!

You can only use a MS acct now on WP8.1 but when checking my acct on my PC the accounts show as not linked but have no option to link! - MS keep talking about linking your acct but nowhere does it tell you how - I would have to assume its automatic maybe? - although not for me it isn't!!:unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon