More transparent tiles to show off those new backgrounds

millermk

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
do we have to unpin the original tiles before we pin your tiles?
also, are your tiles live? meaning, say if I get a FB notification is your tile going to show it?

No you can leave the originals pinned as well if you want to. And no, they are not live tiles, nor would it be possible to make them live even if tried.

millermk

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hey! thanks very much...i think you should make the option to rate the app...haven't found it...and a lot of people install by rating....i think your app shoud be a headline in the news...at least a sticky post...this is very important for many users...but Cortana took their brains out i suppose :)) post this on twitter to rubino or sam sabri...for sure you'll get a lot of support,thanks :)
Thanks for the kind words, I'll tweet at rubino when the update goes through, it will make a better story then.

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Awesome work on the app! Now my start screen is even more awesome! Question though, if MS ever brought back the Live tile function for the music app where the artist image shows on the tile, would the transparent tiles created by your app do that too?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing that since this doesn't pin live tiles it should only be used for tiles that normally aren't live. like the music tile and game tile and such.
BTW you should let Daniel talk about your app on the front page. a similar app has an article about it just now.

millermk

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Awesome work on the app! Now my start screen is even more awesome! Question though, if MS ever brought back the Live tile function for the music app where the artist image shows on the tile, would the transparent tiles created by your app do that too?

Nope, system limitations mean there's no way for any of my tiles to be live since they have no way of talking to the apps they represent.

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Nope, system limitations mean there's no way for any of my tiles to be live since they have no way of talking to the apps they represent.

I kind of expected this, but i appreciate how you answer our queries!

I'll be tweeting about your app and hopefully give you more coverage!

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
so as i mentioned earlier, i sent a tweet, and mentioned Daniel. It appears you were already getting noticed, because he replied saying he's on it. :) congrats in advance!

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if isn't possible to make opacity on tiles. That would be nice too! For example, Xbox Music is green. So a transparency tile, but with green filter.

DJWhiteSquall

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't it be cool if Microsoft added a feature to the App Store where if you typed in the app name exactly how it is named, they show the apps called that particular name first before showing the recommendations? Especially if the first recommendation doesn't even make sense? (right before hitting the "Post Quick Reply" button, I did go back and try with each word of the name cap'd... same results)

wp_ss_20140416_0001[1].png

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Wouldn't it be cool if Microsoft added a feature to the App Store where if you typed in the app name exactly how it is named, they show the apps called that particular name first before showing the recommendations? Especially if the first recommendation doesn't even make sense? (right before hitting the "Post Quick Reply" button, I did go back and try with each word of the name cap'd... same results)

It was like this before WP8.1 I think. Now it's terrible!!

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
i am all for apps that help in the experience of WP
but, please explain why you need these requirements for this type of app

App requires

music library
media playback
data services
movement and directional sensor
web browser component

I do not see a real purpose for them.

sban85

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
surely you are joking.... these transparent tiles provide access to those apps which govern media, music, sensor, web components...it opens those apps, and those apps need these services.

i am all for apps that help in the experience of WP
but, please explain why you need these requirements for this type of app

App requires

music library
media playback
data services
movement and directional sensor
web browser component

I do not see a real purpose for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members