Managing the action center

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to get the facebook app to display notifications in the action center? Mine doesn't and I was just wondering if it was possible

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to get facebook, but instagram finally showed up last night. There is no manual way to do it, my suggestion is to post someting and ask people just to leave a random comment or keep liking it. At some point, hopefully, it should trigger.

Or just post a picture of a cute puppy and say you just got it and it needs a name so that they dont know you are actually trying to trigger a notification for phone purposes :)

So now, i have instagram going to my notifcation center, not yet facebook. hopefully soon.

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Best part is, after you do get a notification to show up, you can edit it in Settings > System > notifications+actions. You can change the notification sound for every app =)

jimmyjunk30

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I think the key thing to getting an app to display in the notification center is for it to send a toast notification first.

In your Facebook app, make sure notifications are set to 'Toast and Live Tile'. Then get someone to post a message on your page or whatever.

After the app sends the toast notification, Facebook should start appearing in the Action center and appear in the Action Center settings page.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Finally got facebook to come on after a notifcation so now i have both instagram facebook on my action center. Again, it wasnt anything i did, it was just getting that trigger from notifcations.

I also have groupme working as well, i dont use whatsapp anymore, but i heard that has been an issue. Groupme worked right away

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro