WP how do you talk to the internet???

powercamg4

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
OK so I have been trying to figure out why I can not put my Lumia 928 on my primary network so I can control plex, every time I connect it to my network (Misaka Network or Misaka Network (High Speed)), this network has a AD domain on, local DNS (not anymore now using my utm for forwarding), IPsec encrypted from PC to PC and all that (this was done a week ago) it will then says it has no internet and will not load anything or does it as slow as possible! So I connected it on my secondary network (Level Upper Network) which as no domain or any thing between it except for my UTM and the gateway and then all is fair!

I have tried to wireshark the secondary network to see its traffic but what do I see? Not 1 packet from its ip address

Here is unfiltered
Screenshot (42).jpg
Here is filtered but my WP ip
Screenshot (43).jpg

So how in the world is it talking to the network??? its not using my DNS I know that!

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
first, to have an AD domain, you have to have local DNS. Second, if you are using IPsec from PC to PC, I don't think the phone will be able to talk to your DNS (unless you also allow that connection to talk to your LAN unencrypted), third, are you doing any enterprise wifi associations (radius, certs, etc)?

powercamg4

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
my local dns is now on my firewall which has a domain override on it to send requests to my local dns, everything else goes to 208.67.222.222 (OpenDNS), same rule applies to the secondary network
my IPsec rules at currently set to request encryption so its not required, but only recently have I done that long before that it was all unencrypted
all wireless is currently WPA2 Personal

ever sense I have had a WP I can not have it on my main network and I have to use my old android phone to control plex which is very sad
but still where are its packets???

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
WPA2 TKIP or AES? Does the phone say you are connected? Do you have a MAC restriction? If the phone works fine on your other network and any other networks, the troubleshooting points to an issue between something on your network and the phone. I would have to guess your fairly non-standard setup is not working well with the phone. , either something in your WiFi configuration or how the network is trying to pass packets that the phone doesn't like or can't deal with. Dial back the WiFi settings till they are as basic as they get and make sure DHCP is working correctly and not sending any odd options to the phone, if that works, dial it back up till it breaks. Really, if this is your home network, tune it back a bit. Playing is fun, but I'd rather have my network working :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo