Win 8.1 Podcast App now 'stuck' waiting for WiFi

Curt Kessler

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So all was great for the first few days of Win 8.1 developer preview on a 920, I actually like the new podcast app. Woke up this morning though and I have 8 downloads pending 'waiting for WiFi'. WiFi is fine, so I first tried airplane mode on/off, still stuck. Restart phone. Still stuck. Wait to get in to work for different Wifi, stuck, restart, stuck, cancel all downloads and let it refresh, stuck. So it seems that all the new podcasts are just piling up waiting for Wifi that it never sees, but every other app and function on the phone is using Wifi just fine. Has anyone else seen this or know how to kick it into gear? Was loving the fact that there's a refresh command now to get new shows, but now I can't get them.

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
1- reboot your phone by pressing volume up button and power button simultaneously for about 15 seconds. (stop pressing when a black screen appear)

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
2- if the first one don't work, try this one.
Save your phone data by going on : Settings > Backup. (if the settings is already saved. Then your good)
And now go to : System> About> Restore my phone.
And now you will just need to sync up with OneDrive when your phone gets up.

Curt Kessler

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Good to know--I was not aware even after all this time of a non-destructive 'middle' reset between just power cycle and full on factory wipe and reset. Very valuable! Thanks again for your help!

Curt Kessler

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I may end up having to do the factory reset after all. While the reboot does indeed get it going, right after downloading it appears to get stuck again on the next batch. Reboot fixes it (mostly), but I have to do it constantly to get new podcasts. They show up in downloads 'waiting for wifi' again. I think I'll do the factory reset over the weekend to get a clean install and hopefully have it run without stopping!

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I may end up having to do the factory reset after all. While the reboot does indeed get it going, right after downloading it appears to get stuck again on the next batch. Reboot fixes it (mostly), but I have to do it constantly to get new podcasts. They show up in downloads 'waiting for wifi' again. I think I'll do the factory reset over the weekend to get a clean install and hopefully have it run without stopping!
Maybe it's because your SD card is too slow... If you want to install apps on your SD card, the SD card need to be a speed 10 card.

Rony Liderman

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
What worked for me was to turn on podcast app => settings => "Only download over Wi-Fi or unlimited data plan".
Immediately after doing that all pending downloads started downloading.
odd...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster