Wifi reception extremely weak

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
No it was static, it might have changed in a later update but when I had a Lumia 920 from launch until last July the WiFi icon was static it never really showed you the actual strength.

Oh boy... Yours was static.. Mine wasn't... Is that so hard to grasp? or is it just a contest to be right.. In any case it's my phone that I use daily so I know what I'm talking about regarding my phone.. I'm out :)

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
First of no need to be rude this is a discussion forum not a contest to see who can be the biggest jerk, secondly I stand corrected it actually had two states all grayed out to indicate not connected to any network or full, i.e connected but not an indicator of strength.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
First of no need to be rude this is a discussion forum not a contest to see who can be the biggest jerk, secondly I stand corrected it actually had two states all grayed out to indicate not connected to any network or full, i.e connected but not an indicator of strength.

Lol you've been telling me with absolute certainty that I was wrong.. That it was static.. Again that I was wrong...... But I'm the jerk? Ok well I'm sorry for being a jerk :)

zorb58

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've found that the antenna in the Icon is relatively weak. Not severely (thankfully). But I've also found that the icon shown at the top of the screen for WiFi underestimates the signal strength.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Lol you've been telling me with absolute certainty that I was wrong.. That it was static.. Again that I was wrong...... But I'm the jerk? Ok well I'm sorry for being a jerk :)
You are wrong, I have an 8.0 device right here and the signal bars don't change to indicate strength. Only off or on. I.e, all or nothing

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Nothing to do with signal strength, just a buggy icon, I get the same 1 bar if Im 1ft or 30ft away from the router, actual signal / speed / bandwidth is fine

CoreyJ

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
WP8.0 WiFi symbol did not indicate signal strength... All or nothing in my experience. Getting back to the topic at hand; I believe that the actual signal strength is unaffected after the update... Just the WiFi icon doesn't properly represent the strength you're actually receiving.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually thought my Wifi was slightly improved on weak signal areas. Maybe not, but it seems to be. I didn't expect any change, figured that would only change with firmware. I dunno.

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I've run across with Icon is it doesn't always reconnect to my home network, even though I have it set to connect automatically. I have to go in and manually reconnect. Only happens sporadically though.

Otherwise, I don't have any problems with Icon wifi antenna or connection strength.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this on my Lumia 525 as well. I had never gone more than one bar down, and even that's very rare inside my own home, but now, it's pretty common, and even two bars go down sometimes. I don't care, though, since this doesn't seem to affect performance.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Ven07, I'm confused. The link you have liked basically suggests that your phone COULDN'T have had a signal bar for WiFi that was anything other than full or nothing, as the functionality was not programmed into the OS - are you now saying you were mistaken?
Apart from that, the 8.1 icon is clearly bugged. Often mine says not connected, but pulling down the notification centre indicates it is, as does the WiFi settings screen.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion