Did they break messaging from the rooms?

christopherbarran

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering, since messenger is not there anymore, if messaging between people in a room still works or not.

Does anyone know?

Might not be an important feature for some, but I started using rooms with friends and family and it is pretty neat. One of the most underrated features of Windows Phone 8 if you ask me.

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Today the ol' messenger works only in rooms. I could not find the arrows to send a message via the Windows messenger and not via plain SMS.

christopherbarran

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried it with a friend who is running WP8.1, she and I cannot message each other in the rooms. Me (920 and her 820)

But I was able to get a message in the room from someone running WP8.0. (820)

I am going to flash my 920 back to Amber and update to Black and ignore WP8.1 for as long as I can until they fix these things.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure what is the fate of Rooms but am glad I have same issues with Rooms when adding new people. However, connectivity issues are totally gone! Never are messages undelivered anymore. Skype backend ftw!

christopherbarran

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure what is the fate of Rooms but am glad I have same issues with Rooms when adding new people. However, connectivity issues are totally gone! Never are messages undelivered anymore. Skype backend ftw!

have you tried messaging WP8.1 to WP8.0 and WP8.1 to WP8.1?
yesterday was having problems sending and receiving WP8.1 to/from WP8.0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett