How do I get Cortana to show me my commute on my way to work, and on my way home?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have already set up my places for home and work, and I have turned on traffic in my settings, but so far it has not shown me any details about my commute. Does it have to learn your commute over a few days or something?

press_z

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I read that this is something that is "predictive" and will be learned over time.
I wish there was a way to just set it up to do it manually.
The only thing that comes close to doing it manually is setting a reminder for work.

jeffro02

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been asking Cortana how long it will take to get to work/home (which works well) every morning and afternoon hoping to prompt her to automatically give it to me, but no luck.

press_z

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Well today for the first time, Cortana gave me the predictive prompt about what traffic was going to be like on my way home.

My assumption now is that it keeps track of what time you leave and return home for about a week, then it can do the prompting.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Today, for the first time, Cortana showed me how long it would take to get home from work on her live tile. She started showing me at about 2:00pm and has been updating it ever since. Pretty cool.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been asking Cortana how long it will take to get to work/home (which works well) every morning and afternoon hoping to prompt her to automatically give it to me, but no luck.
This feature only works if traffic info is available for your region. It doesnt work for my region. Are you living in US?

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This apparently started working for me just today, very impressive, except it I was driving when I noticed it so I couldn't really look at the info in much detail.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Cortana also sent me a notification this morning as i was eating breakfast. She said something to the effect of if you want to get to work by 7:50, you'd better leave now. With current traffic conditions it will take you 45 minutes to get to work. Pretty cool. The weird thing is that I don't remember telling her what my work schedule is.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I haven't been prompted with a notification either. I ask occasionally as I get into my car, and I set "home" and "work" manually when I set up Cortana.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I setup my commute in HERE Drive+ and it will show on the live tile what my commute time is, but Cortana doesn't notify me of the commute.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I never had to prompt her to tell me about my commute. Interestingly though, I didn't get a traffic prompt this afternoon at work like I did yesterday.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Derp! I just opened Interest -> Traffic, and the checkbox for "Notify me when it's time to go" under "Traffic updates for my favorite places" was unchecked. I don't remember disabling that.

Priyesh Karle

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have already set up my places for home and work, and I have turned on traffic in my settings, but so far it has not shown me any details about my commute. Does it have to learn your commute over a few days or something?

If u have ur ofc location set then just ask cortana. "how is traffic to my office". Then cortana will respond you with rout and traffic status. It worked for me ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss