Constant Loss Of Data Connection After 8.1

adzzzbatch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Since updating to WP 8.1 on Monday I keep losing my phones data connection. Switching on fight mode for a few seconds and switching it off again seems to fix it temporarily, but it normally fails again a short while later where I will then repeat the process.

Is anyone else experiencing this or know of anyway to fix the problem permanently?

I'm in the UK and have a 925 on 3.

Thanks in advance!

ssimmmo

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yea I am experience the same thing
I've been messing around wit the apn setting and still no where to figure out out getting me anoyed now!

riley evans

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I also have a 925 on 3 and am having this problem. When it first occurred I was warned about using tethering. I feel these may be linked as it wasn't working after that. I'll test it a bit more while I'm out of the house and see if I can find a fix.

ssimmmo

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Well I reset my phone did not help but what has helped me is I am not using internet explorer I am using uc browser and it works every time

adzzzbatch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Today I didn't seem to have much of the problem, strange I know! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it though!

I was experiencing it across a whole range of apps: IE, e-mail, Foursquare, Whatsapp etc. but they've behaved today so hopefully it's fixed.

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I'm having exactly the same problem! I have a 1020 on 3 in the UK. Toggling flight mode on and off in the action centre works too, but its extremely frustrating. I dont know if this is something that might get sorted in the update to the 8.1 preview thats coming along soon or if we should let 3 know. Any thoughts?

jenia90

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm from Israel and I'm too having this problem, so I doubt its a matter of network provider. Hope somebody can find a fix soon because its really frustrating using Waze and having the map disappear :/

devilmen

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
i to have had a loss of data connection , as people say flight mode on and off resets connection but it losers it a few mins later .... i did a soft reset today and for the moment everything seems as norm .. im also on three in the uk and also had the tethering notification pop up ... looks like its deff network specific , my sons on vodaphone same phone no prob.

Pondrew

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Same issue still as devilmen

3 (three) UK
Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview
Mobile data regularly stops working, only resolved by turning data off and on again or changing from 4G to 3G and back
Access Point at latest version
Proxy and port fields are empty

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Try a hard reset.
However if it doesn't r resolve the issue, you have to wait for the carrier update

Sent from my RM-941_apac_malaysia_240 using Tapatalk

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. My 1020 is running WP8.1 on 3UK. I keep having to toggle flight mode on and off to get data to work. I've tried a hard reset and the problem remained. I've had to go and but a Moto G to use until this is sorted.

Very frustrating.

eugen serban

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a different problem on my HTC 8X. I'm on TDC in Denmark and from time to time it goes to EDGE and then comes back.
Since 3 doesn't have EDGE, I would say it's same root cause. I think it's a firmware issue that should be fixed with official 8.1

adzzzbatch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this! It's so inconsistent to, sometimes happening lots other times less frequently. I hope like you others that Official 8.1 and or Cyan fixes this.

mickeypeach

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I've been having the same issue, and as soon as I uninstalled the Facebook App, everything started working again. To test it I re-installed facebook and the 3g went off again. Uninstalled it and it works once again.
This was a solution for me, so it may help someone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb