Battery charging is weird and slow (HTC 8X ,but maybe it will help others)

davo233

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,I put my mobile to charger since it was just 13% of battery left. When I came 2 hours after to check how is it going I was kinda shocked. Notification center showed 15%. Thats 1% per hour ! So I got an idea. I turned off the phone and waited to boot itself to charging screen. When it does, the notification led turned from orange to green and the screen showed image which represents charged battery.So I turned my phone on again and voila the battery was 99% (the notification led turned orange again, I dont know why).Maybe this will help somebody who have similiar problem.

i106

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem... Somewhere around 80 something percent the led flashes green then when I wake up the phone it turns red again... And then it takes some time to get the battery full. Usually the led turns green on 99% and sometimes I actually see the illusive 100%. I did have this case scenario when the battery was 3% and after hours of charging it only get to 5% and when I restarted the battery it was 90 something... I have the phone for about one month. So I believe that not necessarily the battery is the problem. I read somewhere that people are having this issue with other phones as well. Maybe it is related to some of the GDR Updates. I do not know about that because my phone got all of the updates in a row so I did not know weather my phone was good prior or not. I also read that some people fix the problem with combination of restoring and completely discharging the battery. So I do plan to do the following next days.
1. Restore the phone.
2. Drain the battery till it starts no more.
3. Fully charge the phone
4. Maybe restore the phone again.

Or maybe I will wait for Windows Phone 8.1 and see if that helps...

Update... I think the problem still persists... Today I was late for work because my phone turn it self off... Somehow 22 percent of battery were not enough for 7 hours of sleep...
I think the phone is misbehaving as before.

davo233

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, I dont think that it is battery problem. Most probably firmware/software issue. Try to discharge it completly and charge it with that "boot charge" screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999