08-16-2014 12:49 PM
117 ... 2345
tools
    I had a nasty issue with the touch screen randomly pressing keys swiping etc. I dropped back to 8.0, I suspect its software hard resets makes it work fine. I sat the unit on table not touching it used to bounce onto bing, listening for a command or back button to see apps running.

returning to 8 solves this however I get odd moments - suspect a live tile like facebook (which updates to 8.1 with update) could be cause I'm not going to run it on 8 to see if this clears all my touch issue but under 8.1 I had definitely the bugs mentioned here.
    pwachleman likes this.
    05-26-2014 04:56 PM
    I did the recent update hoping to alleviate the few whacky problems I was having but to no avail.

• The camera still launches randomly
    • The phone has this weird ---resuming--- thing that happens when you put the phone to sleep causing it to eat battery and heat up quite a bit
    • It's slow to wake up (it will start the screen very dark then jump to full brightness)
    • Make/receive a phone call and putting the phone to your ear won't always make the screen go dark
    • Sometimes when you go to end the call randomly launches some other page and you have to tap the phone bar at the top to get the phone up so you can close it

Other than the phone heating up and having that stupid ---resuming--- thing going on, I can live with the other quirks, but I was really hoping this update would fix things for me. But, I chose to download the preview, it was bound to bite me eventually.
    Having all these issues. The random camera launching is ultra annoying.
    TripsG likes this.
    05-27-2014 12:25 AM
    This is my 1520, i try to get tec support from Nokia, but they said i can't have any in my country, i really don't know what to do, the warranty doesn't work becouse i bought it on ebay.

anybody having this problem?
    05-27-2014 01:11 AM
    This is my 1520, i try to get tec support from Nokia, but they said i can't have any in my country, i really don't know what to do, the warranty doesn't work becouse i bought it on ebay.

anybody having this problem?

that's what my phone was doing while on windows 8.1 is this true for you?
    going back to windows 8 cured it. refer to my previous post (3-4 back in this thread)
    05-27-2014 01:27 AM
    My phone was doing exactly that after the most recent Windows Phone 8.1 Update (like 10 days ago or so). I used Nokia's software recovery tool to do a clean install of Windows Phone 8.0, then went through the upgrades to 8.1 a couple of days ago and so far it has been pretty good. It has gone a little crazy a couple of times but it wasn't nearly as annoying or did it go as crazy as that video (which is what my phone was doing before).

Two things people have suggested is:

1) Unpin Cortana's live tile from the home screen (that cured some crazyness for some people)

2) Do a software reset.

I have not done either one of these yet...but I'll try them and see if it cures anything.

The only thing is... I lost my temple run scores... :-) Oh Well...

I have not done the hard reset yet because I need to back up the photos that I took during the weekend.
    05-27-2014 12:13 PM
    The problem start when i install wp8.1, i thought that going back to wp8 was going to fix it, but i was wrong, the problem is still there in wp8
    and that's my real lumia 1520 on the video.
    05-27-2014 01:37 PM
    Mi telefono estaba haciendo todas las mismas cosas que el tuyo. Cuando instale 8.0 y despues volvi a hacer el update a 8.1 se puso un poco mejor. Todavia hace algunas de esas cosas pero no es tan malo como antes.

Mine was doing all that stuff yours is doing before I downgraded back to Windows 8.0. After upgrading again to 8.1 is doing a little bit less of it.
    05-27-2014 02:48 PM
    Mi telefono estaba haciendo todas las mismas cosas que el tuyo. Cuando instale 8.0 y despues volvi a hacer el update a 8.1 se puso un poco mejor. Todavia hace algunas de esas cosas pero no es tan malo como antes.

Mine was doing all that stuff yours is doing before I downgraded back to Windows 8.0. After upgrading again to 8.1 is doing a little bit less of it.
    Ya lo intenté, fui una de las primeras cosas que hice, pero no funcionó, incluso ahora no lee la tarjeta sim, aunque antes si lo hacía. Ya no se como arreglarlo, y nokia ni los operadores lo aceptan para arreglarlo.
    05-28-2014 12:25 AM
    Hice esto ayer...

1) Usando el Nokia Software Recovery Tool instale WP8.0 latest version

2) Comence como si fuera un telefono nuevo (no hice un recovery de mis apps ni nada de eso).

3) Instale el app de Developer Preview, baje los updates que hay que hacer hasta llegar a Windows 8.1.

4) Tan pronto hice el "upgrade" a WP8.1 y estuve seguro que no quedaban mas updates por hacer hice un "Software Reset". Vas a Phone Update y le das reset...tarda como 15 minutos.

5) Denuevo cuando pase por todo el "setup process" no hice un "recovery", lo instale como un telefono nuevo.

6) Lo primero que hice fue "Unpin" Cortana del "Home Screen".

7) Baje todas las aplicaciones que necesito y mis cuentas de email y todo eso... (como si fuera la primera vez que uso Windows Phone)

Hasta ahora no he tenido problemas, Te digo mas tarde si el telefono sigue actuando bien.

PS: BTW...si tienes un microSD card en el telefono asegurate que la borras completa y la formateas para que parezca nueva.
    05-28-2014 09:57 AM
    Translation (I was having similar problems to what's on the video above)

I did this yesterday:

1) Using Nokia's Software Recovery Tool I re-installed WP 8.0

2) I set up my phone as if it was a new one (did not recover apps or settings or anything).

3) Installed the Developer preview app and then did the subsequent updates in order to upgrade to WP8.1 Developer Preview

4) As soon as I was done upgrading to WP8.1 and made sure there weren't any updates left to do, I did a Software Reset

5) Again through the set up process I set it as a new phone not recovering anything.

6) Made sure Cortana wasn't pinned to the Home Screen

7) I downloaded all the apps that I needed one by one and set up my accounts and what not as if it was my first time using Windows Phone.

So far...after about 17 hours everything is looking good. Haven't had any issues. I will report if any issues surface later on.

PS: If you have a microSD card on the phone make sure you format it. Make everything about the phone seem brand new.
    05-28-2014 10:01 AM
    Hey after about a day or two my phone started acting crazy again. To recap, the craziness looked like if I was making random taps and presses on the touchscreen. Could happen at any time and it would be really crazy.

Something interesting happened though...Yesterday and Today my phone has acted perfectly normal.

Also...this craziness started after the Update to the developer preview that was pushed by Microsoft in Mid May...
    06-02-2014 01:14 PM
    Como esta tu telefono? Algo ha mejorado?
    06-02-2014 01:18 PM
    Everything worked fine
    Installed developer preview ; everything still fine
    installed WP8.1 still everything fine
    Installed first update ; everything fine except no camera or scanner apps work even after resetting the camera
    reset to factory settings everything works again
    went through the same process to see if update 2 (2nd June) makes any difference: still no camera

reverted ti WP8.0

I bought the phone unlocked in the UK but I notice in "about" it says Carrier CV Malaysia, could this be the problem?
    06-04-2014 03:21 PM
    I've noticed that my microphones don't seem to pick up very little sound or none at all. I have to use a Bluetooth headset to use Cortona. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm not sure if it is hardware or firmware, but it is a bit frustrating, because I have to talk extremely loud when not using a headset on a call.
    06-04-2014 03:29 PM
    Anyone experiencing microphone issues? I have to use a Bluetooth headset to make calls or use voice activation / Cortona.
    06-04-2014 03:33 PM
    If you look at my post about camera issues with 8.1 see if yours does the same I would be interested to know and also in settings/about , what your carrier info says. I am on EE in the UK but it says my carrier info is CV Malaysia.
    06-04-2014 03:36 PM
    The Nokia Software recovery tool seems to work just fine, you get two options UK and US, I can only vouch for the UK version.
    06-04-2014 03:39 PM
    You can easily re-install your apps and games by logging into windows phone look at your account and there is a tab in the drop down that says something like view my purchase history.

Just make sure phone is connected to PC and click on each one that you want to re-install you don't have to wait for each install.
    06-04-2014 03:44 PM
    Dear 1520 Lovers,

I've got some bug after updating to WP8.1 (Developer Preview).
    This bug is random, i don't have any idea to trigger this bug. Is about 3 times i got this bug in a month.
    The bug is really annoying, the screen is not responding and the button also. I have to wait till the batteries runs out.

Check this video for detail :

I got simular problems, each morning when i unplug my 1520 from the charger (usb or wireless plate) my phone works for a few seconds and then completely freezes as in the movie.
    Does not respond at all, the only thing which i can do is a soft reset (vol_down+power).
    The phone reboots and all works fine again, no problems the wholeday.

Problem returns the next morning when i charge it overnight...

Tried to reset, disable glance (have no cortana, i am outside us) try usb charching instead of wireless but cannot find the cause of these crashes.

Anyone an idea what could could this complete freeze?
    06-05-2014 01:29 PM
    I got simular problems, each morning when i unplug my 1520 from the charger (usb or wireless plate) my phone works for a few seconds and then completely freezes as in the movie.
    Does not respond at all, the only thing which i can do is a soft reset (vol_down+power).
    The phone reboots and all works fine again, no problems the wholeday.

Problem returns the next morning when i charge it overnight...

Tried to reset, disable glance (have no cortana, i am outside us) try usb charching instead of wireless but cannot find the cause of these crashes.

Anyone an idea what could could this complete freeze?
    Wow, i haven't been so upset over a smartphone so much since my old WP Lumia.

My issues in order:

ISSUE
    Screen with automatic brightness increases so much after unlock that things are so bright and unreadable.
    FIX
    Lock and unlock again. Sometimes it still shows but will go away after a brief second or two.

ISSUE
    Screen will go super dark after unlock.
    FIX
    Wait for it to jump back to normal brightness or relock and unlock again.

ISSUE
    When talking to someone and you place them on speaker. It thinks your finger is your face/head and turns the screen off.
    FIX
    Keep on trying and hope for the best.

ISSUE
    Screen on boot up looks like an old CRT on boot. All shaky and scrambled boot.
    FIX
    None

ISSUE
    Internet Explorer hold down link does not have open in private tab option.
    FIX
    None, more of a feature release

ISSUE
    When on wifi that isn't internet available, your email systems start bugging out with random certificate alerts.
    FIX
    Turn off wifi

ISSUE
    Screen will randomly start bugging out as if your pressing all the buttons at once and sometimes shake.
    FIX
    Lock and unlock your phone.

ISSUE
    Internet explorer shows decode error in YouTube and other sites. Happens often when data signal is low.
    FIX
    Refresh internet explorer window

ISSUE
    Internet explorer shows unsupported format on common videos. Go to southwest' own webpage in a plane, try to view any video. Happens everywhere it seems...
    FIX
    None

ISSUE
    Background applications close when resuming
    FIX
    None

ISSUE
    Videos will play even after backing out of Internet explorer. Long delay in close time.
    FIX
    None

ISSUE
    When using the phone, the screen won't recognize your face and will thus start randomly pressing things on the screen.
    FIX
    None
    06-05-2014 09:08 PM
    Wow, i haven't been so upset over a smartphone so much since my old WP Lumia.

My issues in order:

ISSUE

Screen with automatic brightness increases so much after unlock that things are so bright and unreadable.

FIX

Lock and unlock again. Sometimes it still shows but will go away after a brief second or two.

ISSUE

Screen will go super dark after unlock.

FIX

Wait for it to jump back to normal brightness or relock and unlock again.

ISSUE

When talking to someone and you place them on speaker. It thinks your finger is your face/head and turns the screen off.

FIX

Keep on trying and hope for the best.

ISSUE

Screen on boot up looks like an old CRT on boot. All shaky and scrambled boot.

FIX

None

ISSUE

Internet Explorer hold down link does not have open in private tab option.

FIX

None, more of a feature release

ISSUE

When on wifi that isn't internet available, your email systems start bugging out with random certificate alerts.

FIX

Turn off wifi

ISSUE

Screen will randomly start bugging out as if your pressing all the buttons at once and sometimes shake.

FIX

Lock and unlock your phone.

ISSUE

Internet explorer shows decode error in YouTube and other sites. Happens often when data signal is low.

FIX

Refresh internet explorer window

ISSUE

Internet explorer shows unsupported format on common videos. Go to southwest' own webpage in a plane, try to view any video. Happens everywhere it seems...

FIX

None

ISSUE

Background applications close when resuming

FIX

None

ISSUE

Videos will play even after backing out of Internet explorer. Long delay in close time.

FIXdear god man, warranty!

None

ISSUE

When using the phone, the screen won't recognize your face and will thus start randomly pressing things on the screen.

FIX

None
    06-08-2014 06:10 PM
    The only issue I've had has been the resuming screen of death that some others have also had. It only happens infrequently but it is damn annoying. I do have Cortana pinned to the start screen I would hate to have to take her off it but I may have to to see if it fixes the issue as it has for some others in this thread. Has anyone unpinned her for a significant amount of time (ie a week or so) and had this solve the issue?
    06-18-2014 12:20 AM
    I can confirm that unpinning Cortana will stop the resuming screen of death. I have a 1520. I'm assuming that this is a firmware update issue. Just unpin Cortana for now.
    06-18-2014 12:52 AM
    I can confirm that unpinning Cortana will stop the resuming screen of death. I have a 1520. I'm assuming that this is a firmware update issue. Just unpin Cortana for now.
    I'll have to give it a try. I wonder why this is not happening on my 920 or my friends 925 and 1020.
    06-18-2014 01:04 AM
    The only issue I've had has been the resuming screen of death that some others have also had. It only happens infrequently but it is damn annoying. I do have Cortana pinned to the start screen I would hate to have to take her off it but I may have to to see if it fixes the issue as it has for some others in this thread. Has anyone unpinned her for a significant amount of time (ie a week or so) and had this solve the issue?
    Yes, unpinning fixed that issue for me. Then I re-pinned hoping it was an anomaly and the problem came back. Unpinned again and it went away.
    06-18-2014 09:45 AM
117 ... 2345