Lumia 1520 Problems after 8.1 Developer Preview

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I think you're right, otherwise a fix would have been released ages ago. It could be the way the hardware and software interact... but if there's no software fix for that, then that's as good as being a hardware problem.

Ugh, so conflicted about getting one! Which is not like me at all.

These issues aren't reflective of most 1520s, I only had the touch sensitivity issue once in a blue moon with WP8. With 8.1 I haven't noticed it even once.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Here everything runs fine at the mo but one thing

- sometimes after a notification LOCKSCREEN STAYS ON AND DOESNT TURN OFF, a no-go because when not recognized soon enough battery is empty in no time

Got this bug too. I set quiet hours at night just incase it comes on and drains the battery.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I think you're right, otherwise a fix would have been released ages ago. It could be the way the hardware and software interact... but if there's no software fix for that, then that's as good as being a hardware problem.

Ugh, so conflicted about getting one! Which is not like me at all.
I think you should wait, unless you can easily get a refund. My exchanged phone has the same issue to a lesser extent. Waiting for the next flagship to trade-in my 1520.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
my biggest concern is the Camera on the 1520. I ordered the 1520.3 from Newegg today and I am hoping it doesn't crash.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1520 Problems after 8.1 Developer Preview

Dear All,
here we will try to List down the problems we are facing after 8.1 Developer Preview update,
Please state the Problems with 1520 not with 8.1

here is my findings:

1) Screen sensitivity is still not fixed (some says hardware issue some says software/firmware)
2) While media volume is low (2 of 30) and during game playback if u try to increase Volume, u will see Static sound from speakers :s
3) WiFi strength is very week compare to WP8.0
4) speed is slow sometime - while switching back and forth to applications, it still shows Resuming....

Still finding more and will share with you
:)

Did you not read the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000 warnings and terms & conditions before installing 8.1?

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
anyone facing weird battery problems

My lumia 1520 showing battery percentage wrongly, it showed 44% and the next day it showed 49% without charging and suddenly last night it went critical and as of now it charging very slow, and the date and time also reset to mar 22nd

​anyone has similar issues ?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Edit: I've found a way to uninstall "touch" without hard resetting. This also works for any other installed system Nokia app.

Change the phones date to +100 years, then go to settings and click on touch. It'll ask you to uninstall. Now my touch sensitivity issue is gone again!!!

Last edited:

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I haven't installed 8.1 and yet my battery is going daft as well. Specifically with charging, its all over the place. Plugging the charger in actually made the battery life drop 3-5% and then it charges back up and varying rates until it gives up at 70-80%

junglescope

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
anyone facing weird battery problems

My lumia 1520 showing battery percentage wrongly, it showed 44% and the next day it showed 49% without charging and suddenly last night it went critical and as of now it charging very slow, and the date and time also reset to mar 22nd

​anyone has similar issues ?

Yeah, battery readings have been wonky. Mine's also been draining faster.

Some other issues I've noticed..

lag in scrolling between the start menu and the app list
lag in returning back to the start menu (animation stutters a bit occasionally)

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Recently, my Lumia 1520 has been acting up. When I wake the phone up by unlocking it, the phone comes up on a black "loading" screen or black "resuming" screen. Also I had a funky texting issue where my texts would go through but disappear on the message thread. I had to do multiple soft resets before it would fix.

1oldtimer

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Wi-Fi issue here as well. I use to be able to sit out in my back yard and have full signal and no connection issues. Now, I can barley connect and Wi-Fi needs to be toggled on/off or reboot the phone to connect to saved networks. Where as before, I never had any Wi-Fi issues. Signal Strength and connectivity were awesome. Not so anymore.

Roy_C5

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The wifi signal is weaker now, it disconnects frequently... And the other issue I have is that the power button sometimes doesn't work... Oh and the battery drains faster than before

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The wifi signal is weaker now, it disconnects frequently... And the other issue I have is that the power button sometimes doesn't work... Oh and the battery drains faster than before

I also experienced weaker or instable Wi-Fi signal when I updated to 8.1, however, recently the signal has been pretty good for me. Still probably not to the same signal strength when I had 8.0 on my phone but at least I maintain a consistent connection. What hasn't really improved is my LTE signal strength. I get strong and great LTE outdoors. Indoors? Not so much. I will mention that I have a 1520.3 unlocked running on T-Mobile.

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing the speaker deal too and mine is a replace I've had for four days now, I've also noticed that the processor doesn't run graphically intensive game very well right now either but the guy above me is correct it should be fixed with Nokia Cyan firmware

same here almost every game lags... even FROZEN. it lags about every 20 second.. it can be fix by restarting but after sometime it will lag again.

brendonlee

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Edit: I've found a way to uninstall "touch" without hard resetting. This also works for any other installed system Nokia app.

Change the phones date to +100 years, then go to settings and click on touch. It'll ask you to uninstall. Now my touch sensitivity issue is gone again!!!

This seems to help the sensitivity issue with me as well. I guess we will see after a few days.

Ashish Marathe

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have upgraded my Lumia 1520 to Windows 8.1, I have also observed the WiFi strength showing weak as compared to Windows 8. I also have a issue of power button response, Power buttom doesn't respond and I have to reboot the phone. This is happening frequently now!! any solution?? any one else has observed this problem?

Shaz2012

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My 1520's battery did drain quicker after the update

I disabled IE from running in the background and it's back to the same levels as it was before the update. I have more apps running in the background now but the battery life is just as good as it was before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb