Some Problems with my HTC 8X

iSpirit81

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
i installed wp 8.1...i have randomly shut down the phone..very often.
Second,why wont work HTC Clock ?
When htc means to update Our Firmware version ?
Why we dont have Double tap to wake up phone ?
Since i installed wp 8.1,its a bit slower than wp 8.0

Redsharpie

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I installed 8.1 on Tuesday afternoon. It was fine all day Tuesday and Wednesday, but I woke up with it off (thank goodness I have kids as my alarm!). And since I've turned it back on, it's been shutting down randomly, more than a few times. Weird that it took two days for this to start showing up.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
i installed wp 8.1...i have randomly shut down the phone..very often.
Second,why wont work HTC Clock ?
When htc means to update Our Firmware version ?
Why we dont have Double tap to wake up phone ?
Since i installed wp 8.1,its a bit slower than wp 8.0

Hard to complain about HTC Clock not working isn't it? They warned us ahead of time that 8.1 would be supported in the 'coming months'...so for it not to work on the day the Developer Preview was released isn't really their fault. Its a developer preview...not the finished HTC approved product.

We all accepted that risk when we chose to install it without any guarantees...

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Took four hard resets and a night left alone on the dressed but after suffering from all of those problems originally they seem to be resolved, even wifi.

Except the HTC app that is. That itself is just broken for 8.1. I use "Clock Hub" now instead, despite being 24mb for just a clock for some reason but it looks practically the same (no weather though)

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Ugh this is frustrating. I originally let my phone sit with Wi-Fi off overnight and turned it back on the next morning, and by some grace of god, it functioned perfectly for the past 5 or 6 days. Secure wi-fi, waking from sleep, no reboots, nothing. I even purposely avoided rebooting the phone just in case. When the audio started getting really squirrely today I finally had to power cycle the phone and now its back to wi-fi failing and crashing/rebooting...

:(

I turned off wi-fi for now but being in a poor service area really makes the inconvenient. Guess I'll leave it overnight again and see what happens

:( :(

bkabela

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I also have the 8x but I haven't had any problems other then a little lag when closing apps or swapping to the apps list. Only upgraded, didn't have to do any hard resets. I'm so far very satisfied with the upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire